Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Ever doubt yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was curious if you guys ever doubt yourself???

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all. I have supreme confidence that I'm the worst "respected poster"* on the forums.

* Highly debatable whether I'm respected. I've seen people refer to me as such on a few occasions, and it always makes me chuckle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tu sei solo un testa di cazzo, nient'altro... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 PM

Kind of scarey that you come and ask us for some very basic advice and you are the one with poker students. I'm surprised no one has brought this up. lol
Old 11-09-2005, 03:42 AM

Well, I have poker students but I only charge them 100% of their rakeback, so it's not like I'm a "professional teacher." I make my money off of playing poker. And the 10 buy ins was today alone. Yesterday I dropped $1,000, no biggie, but day before that dropped $2,500, day before that won $200, day before that dropped $4,000, so....as you can see, it's not just today that bothers me, it's my "month."

I did end up taking the rest of today off, just bought my second home so just going to do paperwork stuff on it. I guess I should take tomorrow off and the next day, maybe I'll finally put in a pool table in my basement tomorrow....hmmmm...could do that. Thanks to all who pmed me with tips, they did truely help.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'll finally put in a pool table in my basement tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds like a cure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 05:15 AM

doubt is the ultimate destruction of a poker player. keep playing, dont quit, dont change yer game. stay the course, ride it out, and you will get through it. holla
Old 11-09-2005, 05:21 AM

I seem to remember that you once doubted your gaming after a couple of vegas trips. I imagine this doubt was good for you...

However, I agree that taking a two week break will probably make the doubting increase. But I'd like to take one or two days to clear the head/ change the constellation of the stars.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to remember that you once doubted your gaming after a couple of vegas trips. I imagine this doubt was good for you...

However, I agree that taking a two week break will probably make the doubting increase. But I'd like to take one or two days to clear the head/ change the constellation of the stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

you misunderstand sir, i never doubted my poker abilities.. i merely doubted my ability to not act compulsively at games that dont require skill. holla
Old 11-09-2005, 05:25 AM

point taken sir, I bid you good night from overseas...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
point taken sir, I bid you good night from overseas...

[/ QUOTE ]

many thanks.. and yes, that doubt was VERY good for me.. ive done a bit better, tho im not completely cured. holla
Old 11-09-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doubt is the ultimate destruction of a poker player. keep playing, dont quit, dont change yer game. stay the course, ride it out, and you will get through it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.. I was at a sick ROI over my first ~350 $55s.. then the last 80 I've dropped over $1k.. variance is the nature of the beast, we always must combat it.. lol