Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Help me with QUEENS please ??

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, you are displaying a fundamental lack of understanding in these posts. For instance, if you knew that someone was opening with 30% of their hands for 4bb, would you really only re-raise with AA-QQ with position? You are giving them exactly what they want - a chance to run you over. At 5/10 I re-raise with AA-22 and suited connectors and AK-AT and whatever else, too. It really depends on the stacks, the positions, the opponents, the table image, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%... anyone who is telling you to only reraise a short handed, on-line, loose NL game with AA/KK only... is totally missing the boat on about 200% of their EV / profit.

I hope these guys are joking with you. The only clue you have here is the fact that he was under the gun (not on the button or cutoff) and probably not looking to steal blinds out of posistion.

But if you're not going to reraise with QQ... and just assume he has you beat and/or you want him to get his over cards cheap. DON'T even call his raise... just fold your Queens short handed. I mean really... if you go with the logic above, and assume that re-raising with QQ is a bad move... what are you looking for when you call? a Queen on the flop is now the only hand your are going to feel comfortable with.

Furthermore... you are out of posistion and need to define your hand. What if an A or K comes on the flop? Are you always going to check -fold?

QQ is the third most powerful hand in the deck... how often to you get it short handed?