Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: I can\'t be drinking Lipton \"tea\"

Lots of OOTers have recommended the stuff from this site:

Upton teas

They have some cool starter packs. The site design can be funky on them and it can be hard to see all the starter packs at once sometimes, but whatever. It's a cool site and mostly the navigation is fine. I still have a ton of green tea to work off, so I haven't tried it yet.

I do agree that loose tea is probably going to be the best. I have some loose green tea and it tastes way better than the various bagged kinds I've gotten over the years. The other kinds of non-bagged tea I've gotten have so far all been notably good too. So, it seems pretty worth it to me. The flavors I've had so far have some more, I dunno, roundness or fullness or something. You feel like you're drinking something richer, even if it's not necessarily stronger.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:29 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

http://www.mrcoffee.com/productdetail.as...ty=&Search=

i got one of those for $20 new. it rules, one of my best bang for buck purchases ever. it'll work with loose tea or bags.

i drink decaf and use luzianne family size bags for regular iced tea because normal ones are a pain in the ass to put in.

my favorite is probably bigelow mint medley, which gets expensive, but 11 bags of that for 2 quarts is really excellent.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Last time I was in Sri Lanka (I'm not a tea person), I was up in Nuwara Eliya and I stopped by a tea plantation---Labookellie plantation. I bought a shitload of different teas. I can unrecommend the silver tip tea---just too light and refined. If you have a speciality tea shop near you, however, that carries Sri Lankan teas, look for simple old Broken Orange Pekoe, or if you like it really dark and thick, Orange Pekoe Fannings. If you can get some from Labookellie, that would be awesome as that stuff is just too good. If you can't, I'm sure there are plenty of equally good/better Sri Lankan teas out there.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:40 AM

Does it work by heating it in then dripping the hot tea into a pitcher of ice, all in one step?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Republic of Tea makes a lot of interesting teas. Their Cardamon Cinnamon tea is really, really good. You can get it loose or in bags.