Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Get to showdown.

generally I'd call down because this is a semibluff raise with a straight draw, or a free showdown raise with a lower pocket pair, a weaker T, or even like AQ. Maybe against some players you can call turn and fold river b/c they won't fire 2 with a worse hand. However against most I don't trust them enough. Hell this could even be a weaker king!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 PM

You are trying too hard to get to showdown, and not hard enough to get value out of your hand. TP is a monster in this situation, and his AF over 150 hands doesnt mean much. I probably c/r the flop. Sometimes I will C/R the turn. I am getting to showdown no matter what tho, so C/R turn might be a little scary if you dont wanna put in 3bets with a marginal holding like this.

-Mike
Old 11-05-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are trying too hard to get to showdown, and not hard enough to get value out of your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting to showdown with one bet going in on each street is good if he plays raise or fold poker which would explain his high aggression factor. If i c/r the flop or turn then i feel i'm missing bets when he folds, which given the high aggression factor and my read that he plays ok poker, will be often.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting to showdown no matter what tho, so C/R turn might be a little scary if you dont wanna put in 3bets with a marginal holding like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a reason why i asked if a river c/r would be good here given i can safely fold to a 3 bet although i dont really understand the logic behind a river check/raise in general.

I'd just like to point out my blind play isnt that great and i because of this i may have no idea what i'm talking about.