Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: guys like it on top girls like it on bottom i like it both ...

if he bets you call then check river?

I dont like that plan.
I stick it in to a bet on the turn, and if he checks the turn, I bet the river, as he's likely to have a weak ace that I dont think will value bet, but will call. and I dont think he's going to straight bluff after his flop raise being called + he checked the turn (not believable)

Ideally you stick it in on the turn because a guy who overvalues his hand will be taken to the cleaners w/ a good ace, and also you dont want the board to pair above or hit his imaginary kicker. or if he's bluffing with a gutshot but wont fire river why give him a free 4 outdraw?

very standard check/push on turn imo...
Old 11-04-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very standard check/push on turn imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

you're probably right.

if he checks behind though, at best im making a weak bet at the pot hoping he makes a stupid bluff. or i make a crazy over bet. man i dont know anything about NL
Old 11-04-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he checks behind though, at best im making a weak bet at the pot hoping he makes a stupid bluff. or i make a crazy over bet. man i dont know anything about NL

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I'd ever overbet in that spot, unless he's the type that thinks he induced a crazy bet and must snap me off, but those *types* are rare.

Really, it's hand reading 101... He called pf, he's pretty loose, ok, so he doesnt have trash. He raised an ace high board, no flush draw; at this point it could be a bluff (or something like KQ/etc for gutshot) one pair ace (3outs?) or 2pair/set (AJ/66).

Fine, we call, no need to blow out better hand, no need to just get called by better hands (or AK, ie)

Turn, we check, he checks, he's keeping pot small. A bluff at this point is firing another barrel or shutting down unless a scare card hits, no real scare cards to hit though. A big hand bets the turn to installment plan a one pair hand (or unlikely A6 we have) So at this point Im pretty sold he has a weak ace. Since I dont think he'll value bet it, unless his kiccker is AQ or so, I'd rather make a bet myself and set my own price.

How much you can get is player dependant.