Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: (10+1) the lovely ladies

[ QUOTE ]
The Enter key on your keyboard was put there for a reason. Use it and then I'll read your response. The little I gathered before becoming dizzy suggested I advocated pushing preflop which I did not.

Raise more and push on a non scary flop. What's so friggin hard to grasp?

A 3xbb raise is homosexual in nature. Why not just post a "My Butt is Greased and Waiting For You" on CraigsList?

Make the right raise to begin with then act accordingly on the flop. That's all I'm sayin' bro.

Onaflag..............

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that will certainly make me more likely to listen to you're advice. Especially since apprently a single paragraph of writing makes your head spin. Where's that ignore button?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:42 AM

in a $10 you shouldn't raise this anything less than 120. when he reraises preflop, push all in.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:41 AM

That nonsense about raising to 120/150.. why are people so scared to play post flop they have to bet so much that they push any non-scary flop? What rubbish. How are you hoping to get paid off by these idiots if you do this?

With how the hand panned out, I'm probably re-raising preflop, but a call is fine too, push the flop now he's bet into you. If he has AA/KK - it happens.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:47 AM

usually a bet to 90 in the tens at 1500 starting stacks sizes gets 3-4 callers. not good for QQ. KK or AA either for that matter.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more and push on a non scary flop. What's so friggin hard to grasp?....

Make the right raise to begin with then act accordingly on the flop. That's all I'm sayin' bro.

Onaflag..............

[/ QUOTE ]

Open pushing (unimproved) ~1400 into a pot that contains a third of that is nuts. Maybe there are enough donks at the $11s to make it profitable (I haven't played them in a while), but that's the kind of bet that should only be getting called by two pair or better.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
usually a bet to 90 in the tens at 1500 starting stacks sizes gets 3-4 callers. not good for QQ. KK or AA either for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those hands, but especially AA, fares so poorly 4-handed that you should be that worried about it. Sure, it takes more brainpower to play postflop, but if you're playing 1500 chip $11s you're gonna have to play postflop at least some. And I'll admit this is one of the reasons I play the Turbos more now, too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The way the hand played out, I'm pushing over his flop bet, too, unless I have some reason to think he'd only play KK/AA (or TT/JJ, I suppose) this way. You're probably going to have to go broke with an overpair at this level.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:33 AM

This is how I would play the hand:

- Pre-flop raise 3 to 5 times the bb.
- Push all in after the re-raise.

You’re going to be ahead of most of the hands that the villain could have. If he does have KK or AA, then so be it. But most of the time at the 10+1 level you will be ahead. Also, the all in stops you from having to make a difficult decision after the flop.

But as you seen the flop, I’ll give my view on that too. I would interpret his bet like this:

- 20 % of the time it’s a continuation bet - i.e. he has nothing and is trying to take a stab at the pot
- 50% of the time he has something but not enough to beat your hand i.e. AJ – top pair with a good kicker
- 30% of the time he has you beaten i.e. he had you beaten from the start or he’s made trips on his JJ/TT

So I’d push all-in on the flop and take my chances.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:54 AM

Is it just me that thinks the only thing Hero can possibly be ahead of here is AK? (if he's a total donk then maybe AJ) After you push over the top of him what exactly is he going to flip up that makes you think you played the right way?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me that thinks the only thing Hero can possibly be ahead of here is AK? (if he's a total donk then maybe AJ) After you push over the top of him what exactly is he going to flip up that makes you think you played the right way?

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, I think you're ahead of a reasonable number of hands (AK, AJ, small PPs, and some of the time even things like AQ, KQ, KJ). Villain's definitely played this hand consistently with holding KK/AA, though. Ultimately, I think if you're not going to get all-in on this flop vs villain's play, you should just fold to the re-raise pre-flop however, and I think that's too weak at this level. It's a crappy spot, but what are you going to do?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM

He has given you two opportunities to push (after his reraise and after his flop bet). I don't see how you flat called that raise PF anyway. With QQ, you need to be aggressive preflop because many flops will come with an overcard and it will be hard to tell if villain has the over or not.

Push preflop, and if you called, push that flop.