Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: River...Call or Reraise?

It's strange that no one said they would 3-bet and no one said T9 as a possibility. IMO this is an easy 3-bet unless the guy played 33 in a crazy way. I was 6 tabling and was definitely in the heat of battle, yet it still only took about 2 seconds of thinking before I hit the raise button.

Don't forget about villain's perception of my hand. I didn't reraise PF, so it doesn't look to him like I have a set. Also, my turn check makes it look like I had an open end or something. Then my turn raise looked like I was making a play at the pot. I'm sure this guy was very confused at my play....

Just about as confused as I was when I 3-bet the river and he folded for the last bet.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call in confusion. i wouldn't even consider raising against this opponent. 1.3 AF is mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you put him on? 25? 33?

Also don't forget that this guy is putting money in the pot nearly half the time (not including the times he gets a free look from the BB). When you play that many hands, 1.3 aggresion factor can be significant, especially if he calls on the flop a lot with crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
his raise puts up a warning. after cr the flop and turn and betting out on the river, he decides that his hand is best. i've seen idiots slow play flopped sets like this. A3 and such too. not to mention 25 and 33. the thing is, i would hate calling a capped bet, and believe that reraising is marginally profitable at best -- and that would be read based, definitely non standard against average opponent.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:39 AM

I had a hand sort of like this where I just called on the river (because I've been a river wuss lately) and I was shown a total bluff.
Something like Q7o that missed completely.

There ARE players who have had enough times where their turn or river bets induced folds (whether they wanted that result or not) that they think it's worth a shot in almost any heads-up situation.
they probably fail to look at the board (or maybe saw your turn play as an attempt to steal it) and just bluff-raise when the mood strikes them or when they have a hunch it might work.

something like that anyway.

i'll admit that I was deep in the A3 camp for this guy (for obvious reasons).
I would probably 3-bet this river though against this opponent. If he caps it with 33 or anything else kind of weird that beats me then 'oh well'.
I think I make the profit enough of the time here (67% seems right to me) to justify the re-raise.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:46 AM

I think this a re-raise mostly because the big hands that beat you don't fit in with the previous action and looks like he popped 2p.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's strange that no one said they would 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you meet that criteria so I say raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have me on ignore?

Also, what do you think of 3 betting pf?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you have me on ignore?

Also, what do you think of 3 betting pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the delay...I had you on ignore
J/K

Pre-flop, I'm not too comfortable 3-betting this guy's CO raise from the BB with A9o. His range might have some hands that I beat, but if I bloat the pot, I'm pretty much forced to hit as much as he is. There's almost no flop or turn fold equity against this guy either. I'm OOP and not sure if I can make every showdown as a favorite, so I'd rather just defend and play the hand from there.