Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: a very good run tonight....does anyone want to review my HH?

I give you 5.5 outs, so I don't really think this raise is for value.
What hands are you trying to fold? Better aces are going nowhere (with the possible exception of AT if someone behind you has it (utg isn't folding for one more bet)). Pretty much every other hand is either calling regardless or doesn't really hurt us, so I think we're better off letting them pad the pot for us.

In the SSH quiz (#9 in flop play) you have more outs so the raise is probably for value, plus you have a legitimate chance of folding out better aces.

A bit off topic, but you might find these threads interesting: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1 http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/show...p;o=&fpart=
Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: a very good run tonight....does anyone want to review my HH?

[ QUOTE ]

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I've got a gutshot to the nuts (3.5 outs) BDflush (1.5) over card (1) I've got 6 outs, I need 7:1 to call I'm getting 13:1, that's what the raise was for, to protect my hand (there is a good quiz in SSE when we have an overcard (or two..i forget), gutshot draw, and BD flush draw. Miller recommneds that we 3 bet with that hand for value on the flop. We have Ace-high and he recommends a 3bet! Check out the quiz.) Admittedly, UTG's flop 3-bet is ugly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is often a good card. i can't discount it completely. Although it is 6 handed, anybody could have a single heart, giving them a flush draw on the turn, but then the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] gives us a Royal Draw! i think 6 outs is still reasonable.

As for raising - I'm addicted to "raise or fold" mantra. It feels foul to simply call here...14:1 odds I'm just handing over. Even if I don't chase out bigger aces, I can make them call two bets getting 15:2 or 7.5:1. My raise could make calling gutshots incorrect (though their implied odds would be very good in this hand it would seem) And also make it wrong for middle pairs to call their 5 outs, like A5, which has me reverse dominated. I don't think my raise can buy me too many outs, at a table of calling stations.

Is raising really that bad?