Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many hours do you play a week
more (how many ?) 1 1.01%
51-60 4 4.04%
41-50 3 3.03%
31-40 16 16.16%
21-30 43 43.43%
11-20 27 27.27%
0-10 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: How much of a raise will you call with SCs?

what he said, but nicer
Old 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM

I experimented for about 10K hands at NL 25 and 50 with raising SCs from any position. It worked out very badly. Althought the hand sample size was small, I got worked over on some of my posts here for raising hands like 56s out of position. So, I've long since switched to raising SCs from LP as first to enter a pot; raising from LP if there are 1 or 2 limpers to me; calling 3-4bb raises from LP (especially if there are other callers ahead of me); and folding them preflop EP or MP when folded to me. Occaisionally I'll try to limp in MP if others in EP have limped, but then I fold if there is an LP raise.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This poll sucks and the inability to view results without voting sucks even more. The question in itself is ridiculous. Where is the raise coming from? (UTG, CO, SB, MP?) How many other people called the raise? What's my position relative to the raiser and/or callers?

Anybody who could even answer either poll question without making 1000 assumptions is not thinking correctly about the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right that the poll is not that best way, but any general posts about SCs would be nice.