Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: ace. queen. not. suited.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why did u bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because often I have the best hand, often I can take a free card on the turn if I want, and often I can get better hands (like mid-PPs) to fold. Why would "u" [sic] not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was debating this too. I don't think it's horrible, but into a field of 3, I'd definitely think twice about it. The chance that someone has something better than you and will call with it is not tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Bet the flop.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 10:12 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a flop fold?

Edit: Hmm, well those limpers did coldcall, but how many outs are you giving yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

when u close getting 15:1, it's ugly and marginal. I just really hate the flop bet. AQo and three other players on a gutshot friendly board with ace high is bad. If u do have the best hand, there are the draws. Then there's the likelihood that at least one player has a pair. If the board were K 3 7 or something, it might be better.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would be the rationale for anything other than a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB would have bet the river if he had me beaten, so it's probably heads-up now. I'm losing this a lot, but getting 13:1, this river is enough of a scare card that he could be bluffing a hand like AT or TT 1/13 times.

Unfortunately, he bet into a 4-handed field after only one checker, so I do think it's a fold. I'm just playing devil's advocate to show that there's an argument for making a crying call.

To Shant: I could have folded to the flop c/r, but getting 15:1 or so, I think I have 3 outs a lot of the time and 6 outs a portion of the time. So somewhere around 4-5 outs. Plus a backdoor straight draw.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To Shant: I could have folded to the flop c/r, but getting 15:1 or so, I think I have 3 outs a lot of the time and 6 outs a portion of the time. So somewhere around 4-5 outs. Plus a backdoor straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I change my position on the flop, its a call. However I think you are over valuing your Q outs. I think you have around 3.5-4 outs total (including the back door straight), enough to make this call profitable in the long run.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:04 PM

so the raise from the sb looks like a semi bluff, as all the cold callers has slowed him down. he prob has A9 or something. turn lead looks great then and that river sucks. i would cry and fold. or weep and fold, pot certainly isn't big enough for sobbing.