Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: I don\'t like any street here with JJ.

[ QUOTE ]
I like every street here with JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYS

I don't see what the problem is here. You didn't WA/WB him because you c/red the flop and possibly charged him to draw.

You can't fold to a raise on the turn and would like to get to showdown, so you check-call with an overpair. We likely don't have the equity to raise and he'll keep betting a worse hand, so let him.

And the river card sucks but you need to call a reasonable opponent on the chance of 99/TT alone. So you definitely need to call a hyperaggressive one on the chance of some 99/TT or some random crap.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was biased by your header (either you're pissed because you got fishy and lost, or you were pissed because you were ahead and didn't bet enough)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna guess Villain had AK and got a cheap draw against Hero.

But just a PSA: despite the fact that I like c/cing the turn, this is not a WA/WB situation. If we're ahead, we may not be way ahead with three overs that Villain may have, giving him 6 outs.

I just like a check-call because I don't think we're good often enough to bet him, but we're good often enough to call. Against other more passive opponents we might be able to take a more aggressive line here.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 AM

Stealthy,

Against an opponent who overplay his hands, calling down is often required.

Having the "lead" and denying your opponent a free showdown or free card are all nice things, but they don't matter much if your opponent will overplay his hands.

The free card does not matter if he does not take it. Same goes for the free show down.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 AM

pf: cap
flop: bet/3bet
turn: lead if 3bet called, c/c if 3bet raised
river: bet or c/c

i dont fold this anywhere. However I wish that K never fell. By being more aggro pf, flop and turn we can try to fold out KQ, AQ, before it falls. And maybe even QQ on the river (but i doubt it).
Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stealthy,

Against an opponent who overplay his hands, calling down is often required.

Having the "lead" and denying your opponent a free showdown or free card are all nice things, but they don't matter much if your opponent will overplay his hands.

The free card does not matter if he does not take it. Same goes for the free show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this sums up my thoughts on it the best. Sometimes it is right to just call down and lose the least if behind whilst still wanting to show down a strong hand.

Vilain had 77 and MHIG.

The vilain stats were as they were at the time of the hand. 50 hands later he was showing 33/16/7 which does give a slightly easier read.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:01 PM

*grunch*

30 VPIP isn't really maniacal, but if you think you have good control of him and the table, I cap this PF. If I'm reading that his post-flop aggression is 4, then he's balls-to-the-wall postflop with any holding in which he sees the flop and you have to punish him PF. I'm guessing his range could include any mid-high pocket pair, any suited Ace, or any suited broadway.

The flop C/R is to protect your hand from AK/AQ? Subsequent C/R are just FPS, I think; especially if you think you may be behind. The pot is going to get big regardless of how you play this, you're not going to push him off a better hand, and he's going to auto-raise you so there's no information to be gained.

I'd bet/call the turn and probably bet/call the river. I'd try to ensure a bet goes in on each street to punish flush-draws, overcards, and smaller pairs. How sick are you going to feel if he actually checks one through and you're good?

The K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is an unfortunate river card, but it also poses a scare card for a lot of hands and you might not face a raise on the river.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:26 PM

Yeah i think you should cap preflop against someone who's quite loose like villain.

Rest looks fine maybe cap flop but its no big deal.

Edit - Also preflop's not really a big deal.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:51 PM

12% PFR isn't really that aggressive. You've got <50% against his range IMO. Especially OOP.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:55 PM

If you haven't seen villian 3-betting many hands I guess you played it alright. If you have, you gotta cap that flop and lead the turn. Your hand's pretty good heads up on this board[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]