Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Why Jesse Jackson should burn in hell

The statement was a way of saying that the issues that we remember Rosa Parks most for, the issues that she fought for, that she symbolically represents are still alive today. It is a way of saying that we shouldn't forget Rosa and what she stood for.

It was a way for Jesse to say that he considers it is a slap in the face to Rosa (and what she stood for) to nominate someone he believes to be racially insensitive the week of her death.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The statement was a way of saying that the issues that we remember Rosa Parks most for, the issues that she fought for, that she symbolically represents are still alive today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because of race-baiters like J.J. and pro-discrimination policies like "affirmative action."
Old 11-11-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The statement was a way of saying that the issues that we remember Rosa Parks most for, the issues that she fought for, that she symbolically represents are still alive today. It is a way of saying that we shouldn't forget Rosa and what she stood for.

It was a way for Jesse to say that he considers it is a slap in the face to Rosa (and what she stood for) to nominate someone he believes to be racially insensitive the week of her death.

[/ QUOTE ]Okay, you may have a point, but the bottom line is JJ deserves to burn in hell. He is a elite extortionist and schiester. He and Don King are in a league of their own. Sad really too, because he could have done SO much for the black community, but greed and power got the better of him.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only because of race-baiters like J.J. and pro-discrimination policies like "affirmative action."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are honestly saying that you think the only reason race/civil rights issues are alive today is because of Jesse Jackson and Affirmative Action, I guess I don't have anything else to say to you on the topic --- we're just miles and miles apart.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are honestly saying that you think the only reason race/civil rights issues are alive today is because of Jesse Jackson and Affirmative Action, I guess I don't have anything else to say to you on the topic --- we're just miles and miles apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, this might help:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 12:09 AM

While I agree with much of what JJ said, I disagree with his method of getting the message out, since I think that bringing it up at such an inappropriate time really delegitimizes his statements, regardless of how right they might have been.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here, this might help...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope