Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: An annoying QK hand

I 3-bet pre-flop to get rid of the blinds and (hopefully) MP2, and to see how villain reacts. If he calls, he's probably raising light. If he caps, he's probably holding a monster. Your PF cold-call gave you no indication of what he might be holding.

I also call the one bet on the river. Your play up this point showed a lot of weakness, and he's putting you on a weak king, or a str8 draw. He'll be holding QQ, KQ, and JJ enough to make the call worthwhile. Also, if nothing else, even if you lose but see him hole cards, you gain information on his playing style for future reference.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM

I've been making a few more river folds liek that but I think calling here on the river is the right play.

Up to that point I think your play is fine. 3 betting is ok, cold calling is ok, folding is not ok.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 PM

I dunno. With the exception of maybe folding preflop (I know he's been isolating, but I would still fold), I play it the exact same as you.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also never call a rasier with KQo preflop. IMO, that is a really bad hand in this situation. I would fold preflop, but call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against someone who is limping all hands and then someone isolating with that range, folding this is pretty bad. Heck put the pressure on and 3 bet.