Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: AA 100NL full; note the stacks...

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think I could push a draw off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to push a draw off?

Your goal is to get them to make mistakes, like drawing with incorrect odds. That is how you make long term money.

You need to raise the flop because your hand is vulnerable, you do not have a redraw, and you don't want someone to draw for cheap.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think I could push a draw off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to push a draw off?

Your goal is to get them to make mistakes, like drawing with incorrect odds. That is how you make long term money.

You need to raise the flop because your hand is vulnerable, you do not have a redraw, and you don't want someone to draw for cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had raised the flop I don't think an 11out draw would be making a mistake in calling me regardless of how much I raised. Also, I only have 1 pair and may not be in the lead.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:31 PM

so fold the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 PM

Why would you raise the flop with 3 spades out there? Arent you just building a big pot when you likely have the 2nd best hand and no redraws?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
so fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I'm getting 40:6 on my call and could still be against a donkey and a draw or dead. As it turned out pushing the turn may have done it but I'm far from confident enough in my read on this hand(and had no reads on these opponents from previous hands). Can anyone find a push on this turn given the turn action?

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 9c Jd (two pair, queens and jacks).
BB has Ah As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: BB wins $79. </font>
Old 11-02-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Results

so you think you are behind on the flop therefore you don't raise but when the turn pairs top pair, you push?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you think you are behind on the flop therefore you don't raise but when the turn pairs top pair, you push?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think I'm probably ahead on the flop but couldn't fold out draws. On the turn I wonder if the action indicates that I'm in the lead inspite of the top card pairing so I call again getting 40:6 and now have a very slim draw if I'm behind. I don't see this line as inconsistant.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:35 PM

Raise to $4 preflop. On the monotone flop with no spade in your hand, either raise the flop or fold. No need to call the flop and call the turn just to fold the river. If you think you're good, make the 1-spade hands pay to suck out. So, maybe raise the flop to at least $15 and see what happens. Let's say you raise and get only one caller, then that Q is not a very good card because Qx with one spade now has you beaten every which way, so I'd probably check behind if checked to and risk giving a free river card to the villain with the deeper stack, but I'd probably just put the short stack all-in ón the turn and hop he is on a 1-spade draw.

On a spade river if I'm still in the hand vs the deeper stacked villain, I'd fold to any serious bet since I have no spade.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think I'm probably ahead on the flop but couldn't fold out draws. On the turn I wonder if the action indicates that I'm in the lead inspite of the top card pairing so I call again getting 40:6 and now have a very slim draw if I'm behind. I don't see this line as inconsistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you can't fold out draws, you should raise as you make more money the times the draws don't hit.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Ok, I see every one disagrees with how I played this so I should raise the flop but it should be noted that esp against short stack, if he has an 11 out draw or so, that he is likely going to see the river regardless, right? He'll be thinking I'll be committed against his short stack if a spade hits the turn and if it doesn't and I push he is pretty much committed any way. Basically this is why I don't like to raise the flop - a draw could push all in and I have to call and there is no way to know that it's a draw instead of a set as a set would push too. If they/he doesn't push the flop raise and turn comes blank then an 11 outter is still getting at least close to the correct odds to call me. This is why I cold called the flop with intent to jam hard on a turn blank(w one card to come an 11out draw wont be getting the odds he needs to draw thus I can present him with a situation where he is making a large mistake) also, if I'm against a single Q on the flop and turn blanks he may continue to bet it and I can raise him where as a single Q(no flush draw) might fold to a flop raise - is this plan bad/wrong?