Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:56 AM

Default My Action + FLOP

Hero makes it 5000 straight. Girl goes into the tank and calls, Villian #2 folds.

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I have 9200 left.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: My Action + FLOP

I dont see how you don't push now. This is why I push preflop.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Ladies..... ladies in reeeeeedddd.....

Push. If you were in position, I could see an argument for a call. I don't like the idea of raising small because 1) you probably want it heads up and 2) your opponent can easily play correctly against you on the flop.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:27 PM

I don't mind a push at all, but I would probably call because your read is that both are tight and it's live so you can sometimes know if the flop hit your opponents or not. If this were online I'd just push because you'd get called by a lot worse hands than JJ
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Hero bets T3500, and moves all in on the turn no matter what card it is.

With this board, QQ, and at this point in the tournament hero is committed to the hand; villain is not. Hero needs to prevent villain from making a heroic laydown with TT,JJ,AQ. Hero is about even against villain's range of hands (AA-88, AK (maybe AQ)), and is getting a huge overlay in the center.

Any read might help here.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:54 PM

With a pot of almost 12k I agree that we don't have room for for fancy plays. Push.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:55 PM

Hate the push here. The pot is too small.
I'm not entirely opposed to calling and raising any c-bet on an undercard flop but I like a raise to 4K better.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 PM

"....are dancing with me....cheek to cheek...."

Chris Deburgh - Nice.

I think if you raise here you're probably pot committed anyway as others have said. If you do raise to say 3000 and an A hits are you folding to any bet?

Since you're out of position and leading out post-flop I think I raise to 3000 here and push on any non Ace-King flop. If you do raise pre-flop and villain pushes it's an insta-call IMO.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero makes it 5000 straight. Girl goes into the tank and calls, Villian #2 folds.

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I have 9200 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play live tournaments very often, so I'm not sure how often villain lays down JJ or AK to a push, online I would think never. So, I would push preflop.

On the flop, I would just push. Locutus's idea of betting 3500 is intriguing, but I think I would just rather look at my opponent in some way and try to give off a strong means weak tell to get her to call with TT-JJ.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Default I pushed.

I pushed the flop and she showed K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and hit a diamond on the turn and I was busted. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It was just like on TV - Phil Hellmuth style. That donkey put all that money in there with KJ. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]