Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: KQ - WA/WB?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3-bet him preflop. I like your postflop play though the flop is close between raise and call

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, tell me what your three-betting standards are for this particular situation please? I think I have been playing KQo a little too softly here and I'm curious what other three-bets I might be missing.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3-bet him preflop. I like your postflop play though the flop is close between raise and call

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.,

I think that you've yelled at me before for bloating pots OOP in spots like this. Why would you 3-bet preflop? If I knew the limpers would fold I can see 3-betting.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

jason_t
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 AM

I usually 3-bet this preflop, especially since you have position on the raiser. I'm also not sure I'd take my free card on the turn. Sure, you'll often be called down by a weak ace, but you're losing money from the smaller PPs and weaker Ks out there. Since you checked the turn, I would definitely bet the river when the flush hits, and then probably fold to a raise.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh.,

I think that you've yelled at me before for bloating pots OOP in spots like this. Why would you 3-bet preflop? If I knew the limpers would fold I can see 3-betting.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

jason_t

[/ QUOTE ]

3 reasons:
1. you have position on the PFR
2. you face 2 limpers with 2 more bets. usually shorthanded limpers have weak hands and even semi-loose ones will dump them for 2 more. dead money is free money, and I'm jewish, and as we all know, jewish people love free money
3. the PFR has a 17 PFR which means that his range is wide enough that we're not necessarily dominated. we may even have him dominated.

none of these things are enough to make it a 3-bet, but together I think it's a 3-bet
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. you face 2 limpers with 2 more bets. usually shorthanded limpers have weak hands and even semi-loose ones will dump them for 2 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say this, but this depends on reads, and I didn't know if the limpers were the types to fold to two more bets. This is like bluffing into three opponents -- it is geometrically more likely to fail. Still, folding even one limper is adding dead money, as you said.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:06 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. you face 2 limpers with 2 more bets. usually shorthanded limpers have weak hands and even semi-loose ones will dump them for 2 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say this, but this depends on reads, and I didn't know if the limpers were the types to fold to two more bets. This is like bluffing into three opponents -- it is geometrically more likely to fail. Still, folding even one limper is adding dead money, as you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you give each limper a 20% chance of folding, that's still pretty significant. dead money is like a freeroll. it can't beat you. at worst, you don't win it.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:21 AM

No one has mentioned the river. If it's checked, to you bet/call?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has mentioned the river. If it's checked, to you bet/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet. the call part probably isn't worth worrying about
Old 11-02-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god somebody said 3-bet. I was about to crap in my pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf am I chopped liver?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 01:51 PM

I play it the same postflop. Consider 3-betting the SB preflop if you can fold out one of the limpers.