Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs 8
7 27 31.03%
8 60 68.97%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: AJs UTG

i like the river raise, and i think you have to call the 3-bet because it makes no sense at all.

baronzeus = fish
Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at first i thought it was total spewage but the more i look at it the more i like it. you figured raising the river was better than just calling because it forces a fold from CO?and button's play just doesn't make any sense. the only hand he 3bets the river with are hands that have no showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly he has pocket deuces or a bluff.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Ok I don't play the 30/60 but I would imagine you get the same fools you get at every other limit. When I guy is unknown it would not surprise me to see him show down a straight here. I see no reason to raise this river.

Unknown donks will play 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He may have T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You have Ace high. I don't think you will get him to fold anything that beats you. Save these moves for guys you know they might work against.

Unknowns are unknown. Especially around Halloween.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

oh, and mperich, i was trying to fold out worse pairs (5, 6, 2) . do you think that's stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you mean the CO. So you are hoping the Button is bluffing and the CO will fold a hand that beats you. And they are both unknown.

Seems like wishfull thinking to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:51 AM

fyodor,

the river raise was not for value nor was it to knock him off a better hand. i was close between calling and raising simply because if i was unsure if i could get CO to fold. in the end, i decided that in my opinion i could get CO to fold a mid pair often enough when it was two bets to him.

also, while hands like 34dd are perfectly likely (T2dd almost never checks this turn), i think a hand like QJo or different, random diamonds are much more likely as part of his range .

finally, i tend to give a random unknown at 30/60 slightly more credit for a hand than at lower limits, simply because they play better (imo 30/60 is far harder to beat than 20/40 and lower).

in general, i think his line is VERY consistent with a draw and very inconsistent with a made hand. at 30/60 (and im guessing at most other limits ) this turn gets checked very infrequently with a pair. unless Button had a 2 or CO is willing to call two cold with mid pair, the raise seems pretty good. no?

anyhow those were my thoughts when i played this hands. let me know what you think.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:02 AM

i think most players would raise the flop with a pair when a player is behind him, so i would just call the river instead of raising since the CO hasnt shown flop strength. i rarely make these types of raises tho so it might just be i dont understand the value of them.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 AM

k.i.s.s.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
k.i.s.s.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yes sir.

everyone hates my fancy plays [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

one of these days im gonna make a fancy-shmancy play and everyone's gonna love it!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

results: he had QdJd and MHIG.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you valuecap?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you valuecap?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt think he would bluff-call my river cap [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]