Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Common flop situations

I dont understand how you can complete with that hand. Arent you worried about a BB raiser? And even if you arent I think its -EV. I ran pstove and your equity isnt nearly enough given my ranges. What type of hands do you put villains on when they open limp utg? And what type of hand does UTG+2 have when he isnt isolating?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the preflop call is a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

you are insane. there's no way to show a profit on that hand from the sb in a typical game.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:14 PM

so you would fold in the sb after 3 limpers with a hand like Q7, K5, T7 as well? I liberally call a huge range in spots like these, which don't happen much. Rarely do two EP limp along with the button.

I don't think the preflop complete is that bad, its definently not very good but it's certainly not completly horrible.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:38 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

there really aren't shades of grey when it comes deciding if it's good or not. i think it is literally impossible to show a profit with the hand there. to whatever degree it's impossible it doesn't really matter, does it? how do you come up with "not very good" and "not completely horrible" sort of metrics? do you have statistics that show a long-term profit with the hand in that position, however slight?

with 3 limpers i will fold Q7o, K5o, and T7o 100% of the time.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:39 PM

that's a pretty good flop for J6 off. If i'm completing with that hand i'm calling one SB with my OESD.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you would fold in the sb after 3 limpers with a hand like Q7, K5, T7 as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, these are very easy folds. With only one limper, you can argue for completing because three-handed with right of first bluff, you can often take it down if everyone misses. If everyone limps, the pot is so big and you are getting in cheap, that you could argue for calling and hoping to flop a monster. But five-handed, you have the worst of both worlds. You are probably going to need to need to make a hand to win, but you won't do so nearly often enough to justify what you are paying to see the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 PM

J6o under these cirucumstances, 4-5 way to the flop in a 8-10 handed game.

I've voluntary put money in 13 out of 27 times for a net loss of -4.3BB. So looks like I've played them at times while other times I've folded depending on the limpers.

I also looked over the hand histories of these 13 particular hands, I almost folded all of them on the flop or turn when it was checked through. However there was on particular hand I flopped top two to get drawn out my an open-ender on the river.

Maybe my blinds are a bit loose due to the fact I played so much SH before making the transition to playing ring games lately. But are the preflop completes I mentioned that big of a mistake in a 8-10 handed game?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But are the preflop completes I mentioned that big of a mistake in a 8-10 handed game?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. they suck in shorthanded games too.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. they suck in shorthanded games too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I certainly hope your not folding J6o and like hands 3-5 handed, when its limped to you..........
Old 10-31-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I certainly hope your not folding J6o and like hands 3-5 handed, when its limped to you..........

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm folding J6o 3-5 handed when it's limped to me.