Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Maybe Some Reasons Why

your link does not seem to work, maybe its just my computer.

Though it does not seem to matter, I'am not a fan of polls also if it is Washington Post poll its even more meaningless.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your link does not seem to work, maybe its just my computer.

Though it does not seem to matter, I'am not a fan of polls also if it is Washington Post poll its even more meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! Summbitches took it down! I swear, I was just there not 10 minutes ago! Just looked again to find the problem and it's gone.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 02:00 AM

My OP was quite short. Let me be more explicit.

A large portion of the American public apparently now thinks that the Bush administration has been less up front and honest with it than was the Clinton administration. This is quite surprising, in light of the fact that Bill Clinton was a pathological liar.

But this administration has brought us into two land wars and an ideological war on terror. Much of Bill Clinton's duplicity involved his personal lack of rectitude in his financial dealings and his sex life. Much of the Bush administration's duplicity involves its foreign policy, in particular, as it concerns those wars. We have hundreds of thousand of young men and women in harm's way as a result of that duplicity. The American people, in light of the Libby indictments, seems to be awakening to this fact.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Here\'s a Link

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PollV...ory?id=1264205
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 AM

Also, according to the poll, just 15% of Americans believe the overall level of honesty and integrity in the federal government has improved under Bush. I find it remarkable that the vast majority of the American people don't see any improvement over the adminstration whose leader was impeached because of perjury.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Not An Easy Thing To Do

Does that mean 54 percent think it rose?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 PM

Unfortunately, the general public is too stupid and uninformed to make that analysis. Heck, I would be curious to know how many people could answer a simple question like, "who is Harriet Meiers?". I wouldnt even want to try asking the public a question like, "What is Scooter Libby Charged with?" because the most common answer would be, "who the F is Scooter Libby?".
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 PM

For the sake or argument, let's assume you're correct. How badly would the Bush administration have to be at getting their case across to that uninformed and misinformed public to have it think that it's less open and honest than the man who looked them in the face, pointed his index finger, and said he didn't have sex with that woman? And who had the nickname "Slick Willie" even before he ran for national office?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 PM

See my "Here's a Link" post.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM

"How badly would the Bush administration have to be at getting their case across to that uninformed and misinformed public to have it think that it's less open and honest than the man who looked them in the face, pointed his index finger, and said he didn't have sex with that woman? And who had the nickname "Slick Willie" even before he ran for national office?"

Pretty bad indeed. But, the public did elect him again and these types of polls often are a reflection of other factors. Also, the public thought Slick Willie was a liar. The public just didnt care. They liked the guy and they would forgive him for almost anything. Also, the public in general was too stupid to see the real charge against clinton and they bought into the, "it was only about sex" argument. As if that somehow negated perjury or the fact that Clinton was intentionally trying to destroy a young woman's life before she dropped the goods on him.