Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: REALLY struggling this month, please look at 6 hands

hands in general look pretty solid

1. bet abit more on the river. 3/4-full pot.
2. push
3. i raise the same.
5. probably fold
Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I play this exactly the same way and think it is much better than a push. I am suprised other posters said push. This raise will probably steal the blinds a significant amount of times and against the shorter stacks it puts them all in. If things do get crazy you can dump it and still have a lot of chips left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting in 1/3 of your stack with the plan of dumping if BB pushes does not leave you with a lot of chips, particularly considering that you're UTG and will be in the BB next hand, in prime position to be stolen from by the huge stack on your right. If pushing feels too risky, then a limp is probably best.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. I play this exactly the same way and think it is much better than a push. I am suprised other posters said push. This raise will probably steal the blinds a significant amount of times and against the shorter stacks it puts them all in. If things do get crazy you can dump it and still have a lot of chips left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting in 1/3 of your stack with the plan of dumping if BB pushes does not leave you with a lot of chips, particularly considering that you're UTG and will be in the BB next hand, in prime position to be stolen from by the huge stack on your right. If pushing feels too risky, then a limp is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding is better than bet 700/fold to a push from BB.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about folding if the big stack pushes. And if you do you are still 2nd in chips even after posting the BB. The big stack will push with pretty much the same range of hands that will call an all in.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:42 AM

i dont really feel like responding to all of these, because any of the different lines i take have already been stated in the thread.

i just wanted to say that if these are the worst hands you can find from this month, you are not playing that badly. i know its easy to just cavalierly chalk it up to variance and excuse bad play, but seriously, none of these are THAT bad, and if these are the worst you can find, i'm sure things are ok.

thats not to say you shouldnt take some of the advice in the thread. just dont freak out. its cool.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:46 AM

Hand 1: For god's sake, *bet the turn*. Raise more if you check. Bet big on river, pot or so.

Hand 2: Easy push.

Hand 3: I think this is fine, I don't have a big problem with limping though.

Hand 4: Fine, I might just shove flop or raise a bit more, to 425-450.

Hand 5: I dunno, read-dependant. Would he make that bet with lots of hands worse than yours?

Hand 6: I would bet the river, maybe 125-150. Also I would often check on the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:15 AM

#1: n/m. didnt see the set. let me re-evauluate.
edit: re-reraise on the turn then bet 1/2 pot on river.

#2: sngpt says push even if everyone's calling range is as low as <22+,A2+,K2+,Q2s+,Q6o+,J7s+,J9o+,T8s+,98s&gt ;

#3: limp. too many people to act after you

#4: QQ- i would have called also. if he has trip 10's, then so be it and start a new SnG

#5: yes call. 2 overs + nut flush draw = 15 outs. it's 1:1 with 2 cards to be seen.

#6: it's a ragged flop. i would have check/raised on the flop.
on the turn, i would have bet 1/2pot to protect vs the flush draw.
i would have checked on the river too. i'm wary that tpgk might be no good when someone check/calls on flop + river.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about folding if the big stack pushes. And if you do you are still 2nd in chips even after posting the BB. The big stack will push with pretty much the same range of hands that will call an all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to fold when the bigstack pushes, then why the hell not push yourself!? Thats a terrible line if you plan on simply calling the all-in!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to fold when the bigstack pushes, then why the hell not push yourself!? Thats a terrible line if you plan on simply calling the all-in!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't advocate folding when the big stack pushes. However, if the big stack is super tight you will save yourself from busting by not pushing all in. And you will also prevent busting out when the remaining 3 players move all in.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't advocate folding when the big stack pushes. However, if the big stack is super tight you will save yourself from busting by not pushing all in. And you will also prevent busting out when the remaining 3 players move all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

so why not limp?