Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Too fast? 600 nl

Only problem is, what do you do if A/K/Q hits and he bets turn?

After you spike your boat and once he raises you on the turn, you have to play for his stack here. If he has a 9 he should oblige you. I like playing it fast.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:06 AM

I've seen people make this play as the button did with out a 9. I think it's more likely for button to NOT have a nine given the way he played it. I dont like your flop check OOP, I understand your reasoning, but I think it is in your best interest to protect your hand from overcards. That being said, I like the bet on the turn, and I would probably smooth call the raise and donk into him on the river, because if he doesnt have a nine or threes full, you're not gettin a call on your re-raise. If he doesn't have a nine you give him a chance to catch. I probably smooth call here and donk the river.

If he did have a nine, you played it perfect, because he's going to push on your re -raise.

I know this is kind of wishy washy, but I'm going with the smooth call/donk line for the turn/river.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 AM

Assuming I'm button, I can see myself raising on the turn with many hands. Raising for information, raising off weakness, semi-bluffing, lower full-house, or because I have a nine. Out of all these hands, the only hand I would call your reraise with is pocket threes. And I say maybe because your OOP reraise is very scary. I think only JJ or A9 plays your hand like you did and I only beat one of them. It's instant fold if I'm bluffing or semi-bluffing since the odds are incorrect and I could be drawing dead. It's also difficult to call with a bare nine here. So I think only 33 I'll be thinking of paying off your reraise.