Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Tommy Angelo Articles, PF Decisions

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm taking this a step further. I ran 'stove, pitting 72o against a single random hand and AA against a single random hand. I'm amazed to discover that 72o has 35% equity against a random hand! AA, otoh, has 85% equity.

So, using your numbers, folding AA is going to cost you 17SB, playing 72o is potentially going to earn you 14SB, so folding AA is the bigger mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty amazed at AA only having 85% HU vs one other hand, so I ran some tests.

It shows that the 6% strength difference between suited and unsuited hands is huge: KQ going from something like 19 down to something lik 13 suited vs unsuited.

Also, if you are HU vs AA, you prefer to have 76o than KQo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Tommy Angelo Articles, PF Decisions

[ QUOTE ]
You should not be making EV calcs to do this, or folding aces will win by default (folding = zero EV). Rather, feel free to take a guess at the opportunity cost of each mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, all EV calcs are relative. If EV(raise aces) - 0 > 0 - EV(raise 72o), then that would be an easy proof that folding AA is the worse play.