Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Help with Pokerroom $2RB Final Table hand

i think this is more read dependent than anything here. has this guy been the one busting out the smaller stacks at the tables?

pushing here has a HUGE bluff element to it since he will call and either have you crushed or have tons of outs against your middle pair. even if he decides to get frisky with 10,7, you don't mind it, but you can't really be excited about it.

I think the range against which to calculate your equity is the range of hands you think he would call with and then determine if those hands are in his limping range (sounds like they probably would be).

That said, i do like pushing here since we do have a little something to fall back on should he call and we need some chips. I'd suspect, though, that we're no better than even money against the range of hands he'd have if he calls.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:00 PM

You only have to be even money against his range because you are gaining cEV from when you push and he folds, that alone should give this play a positive expectation long term.
~Justin
Old 10-28-2005, 05:42 PM

thanks for the help

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think there is a situation here in which I am not open pushing after the sequence that has unfolded.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes me feel better
Old 10-28-2005, 05:45 PM

I agree that I do not want a call here. I was torn between pushing or check folding.