Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Fold My Set?

yeah, i like the flop raise. give him a chance to make an aggro reraise with 99 or AQ. you kind of want to give him a chance to turn a pair, but you're not psyched about giving a gut shot to Ax and you don't want action killing cards to come.

folding the turn would be horrible.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i like the flop raise. give him a chance to make an aggro reraise with 99 or AQ. you kind of want to give him a chance to turn a pair, but you're not psyched about giving a gut shot to Ax and you don't want action killing cards to come.

folding the turn would be horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on both counts. Last thing you want is any ace getting a free card on that board. Any overpair could play it this way. Even if he has a made straight (which would be shocking, but remotely possible with 22 perhaps) you have outs.

Some have said you wouldn't be far wrong if you NEVER folded a set. This is particularly true heads-up. I need something extreme like a three-card straight flush to even consider it.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Looks like a call to me. He could have aces up, 33, or maybe Ah with another heart. By some outside chance he has a 2 in his hand, you still have 10 outs, 22% chance of outdrawing him.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:12 PM

Anyone think that pushing on he flop is the best line?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:19 PM

I think you're raise on the flop is correct, and i'm pushing with on the turn. He probably puts you on 8-8 through J-J.

Get'em in on the turn.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:53 AM

I think the flop raise was the right way to go. Why go all-in and take the chance of possibly scaring him off? I'm looking to double up with this hand. Granted the board is scary but if he's got AA,22 or hits his flush on the river,well it just wasn't your day. I can't hit the call button fast enough.