Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: oh and also...........................your not answering all the .

The big games at Hollywood left almost 10 years ago. im sure that you play poker, but pro... The pictures you took are a big deal because they are implying that you are chummy with top pros when in fact you arent. i didnt post to get your reaction, so i really dont care what you do. You are a phony (imo), and you have accused me of taking shots at other poker writers when that simply isnt true. I dont post much at this forum period. I will challenge a poster if i think they are wrong but .. you are the first writer whom i feel is an out an out fraud. if you were for real you wouldnt need the whole pr thing.
I only posed those questions since you responded to my inital post. This actually will probably help your book sales by the way.The only writer who hasnt written a book Ive been critical of was an article written by aron Von Something in the frum, and I wasnt alone with my feelings on that.
just admit what your backround actually is. A local poker pro off the street just doesnt get a 3 book deal. You must have some financial backing from your family or whatever to start with. Just tell the truth and we"ll be done with it. In fact im already done with it.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Mark Blades Book / its Just wrong

Yeah a troll, i stated that saying 50k a year playing 3-6 holdem as no big deal, was irresponsible. Yeah what a malicious cut it was. while less than 5% of players online make money, playing 3-5 tables at once of 3-6 is a big deal.
I still stand by it. Read the article i recently transfered over to the internet page about people playing online. Its alot smaller community than you think.
The purpose of this site is to sell books. there is nothing wrong with that but you have to keep it in mind.

Go by Mr Blades book, i dont care..... your just another sucker thinking if you follow what is said there you will thrive. let us know how you do.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:11 PM

Why do you think it is that Mason Malmuth, who is widely known to call a spade a spade, thinks that this book is excellent?

Do you think he has been tricked as well?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:27 PM

The more you post, the more you sound like either an angry railbird or a GA shill. You have to understand that the only thing your post proves for us is that there is at least one person in the universe who:

Believes that Mark Blade is not a pro

or

wants others to believe that Mark Blade is not a pro.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I am saying that I have absolutely no reason to believe that you are right.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:30 PM

Hi MCS:

I gave the book an 8, not a 10. So excellent is a little too high. My review is available in our September magazine.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-29-2005, 03:42 AM

PokerHorse: 0
MarkBlade: 1

This Thread: -2
Old 10-29-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: oh and also...........................

Mark,

You are a class act. You have conducted yourself very well under some intense and often unfounded criticism on these forums.

Cheers,
Sean
Old 10-29-2005, 05:05 AM

I told you he was a gentleman. I don't say things like that lightly.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:35 PM

The guy could sell aluminum siding in your mind for all I care. I've read his book and I'd say it speaks for itself. I'm by no means a professional poker player nor do I plan to become one but the book is full of sound advice IMO. I would definitely recommend it to others. Plus the guy says things like "I began to suspect that I must’ve slept with your wife or something to warrant such unusual attention. " How can you not like his writing style?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Hi Mark. Thanks for writing "Professional Poker". I found it very useful. Don't waste your time on idiots like the OP. Get your upcoming books out instead!