Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: What extra hands should I be playing?

just do what feels right. my general stealing standards:

CO: A5o+, A2s+, K9o+, K6s+, Q9o+, Q7s+, JTo+, J8s+, T9s, 98s.

BTN: Ax, K6+, Q8o+, Q5s+, J8+, J6s+, T9o, 67s+, 68s+...basically anything else that falls in this range.

my button standards may be a bit looser than I actually am. just do what feels right and profitable based on the looseness of the blinds, their postflop play, and your comfortability dealing with their play.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise T8s after 1 limper in MP, also regularly 3-bet 22-66 in LP, never fold a PP on the button. *cough* you know who you are

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I've started folding 22 OTB lately and I haven't been dissapointed. sample size and all, but yeah.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 PM

When you get your 6 max vpip, it is a good idea to filter for number of players. We dont know how often you are playing 3 handed vs 6 handed, and that is a huge change in vpip.

So, Filter for different ranges like 4-6 and tell us what that range us.

blake
Old 10-27-2005, 04:34 PM

22% is fine. Add more hands when you get the hang of how people behave vs CO and Button raises: look for steals against predictable blinds and isolation raises against fishy limpers. But for now, 22% is fine.

Guy.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Differences between microstakes and small stakes.

I think a major mistake that micro limit 6-max players make is trying to emulate the play of the veteran 5/10 and up players.

1. the .5/1 and 1/2 games are for all practical purposes, not short handed games. when 4-5 players see the flop, it's effectively a full-ring style game. pure agression alone will not win you many pots... you need a big hand. follow Ed Miller's guidelines in SSHE and you'll do fine. a VPIP of 20-24 is reasonable.

2. most new 6-max players have little or no experience in HU situations. attempting to steal the blinds with marginal hands may loose you money. after you gain more experience, you can start raising with these borderline hands and begin to show a tiny profit. You truly aren't missing out on much if your ASB is between 25-30.

here's a chart with basic blind steal / defense hands. you could start by ditching the borderline hands "RT" and "CA" and progressively work them into your game.

http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readPos...tingId=1701869