Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Expert Play ??

kind of off topic here but ... I think following thru with a turn bet and checking the river, following thru and value betting river, and checking turn and inducing river bluff, as well as checking turn and folding to river bet are all possible options...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:26 PM

I think he overplayed the hand terribly, and if he won he only looks good because his opponent played his hand much worse. It is realy obvious the laggy guy has a small pocket pair and isn't folding once he bets the flop. Betting that turn with AK is awful.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the game is 6 max, so my utg raise is one off the hi-jack, and his coldcall is from the hi-jack, cutoff folded, button 3 bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm....i guess i suck, cuz I likely fold 22 in villain's spot.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM

I think it is expert if used rarely, but the problem is lags like this use it too much and thus become chip spewing. That, or the button is not very observant and played his overcards like crap.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:20 PM

I misread the initial post (again). I thought the flop went check check bet fold call, not check, bet, raise, etc. The button should've checked the turn. But given he did bet, I still like the turn checkraise, but much less so now.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he overplayed the hand terribly, and if he won he only looks good because his opponent played his hand much worse. It is realy obvious the laggy guy has a small pocket pair and isn't folding once he bets the flop. Betting that turn with AK is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Laggy only peels with a pair?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His flop bet means he almost definitely has a small pair.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His flop bet means he almost definitely has a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoops - thought laggy check called flop.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the button check through the turn if he has AK? I know I would. Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a default play I agree. Obviously this changes if AK is the best hand a decent percetage of the time, the chance of a check-raise, whether you have to call a check-raise, if you check turn do you fold river if he bets...etc.

So yes, I just check turn and often fold river with average opponent average board with AK here, look him up if reason to doubt.