Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Three Bet and Lead Line Too Aggro Here?

i like your flop play... if anyone raises the turn, i would muck that pretty quick.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:36 AM

What if the turn was a five instead of a queen (and you had AK)? Wouldn't you be more inclined to raise me if I just called the flop and donked the turn since you want to show it down anyway? And even if you wouldn't others would, right? What about a Jack?

The queen only gets me good fold equity here b/c someone with AK would fear AQ now, correct?

Also, I understand about keeping pot small, but isn't three betting flop somewhat reasonable here since it's possible I have the best hand (overpair to board though a bigger pair might be out). We're betting any turn card but an ace right (assuming I don't 3-bet flop).

Jeff
Old 10-27-2005, 08:39 AM

What if the turn was something like a Jack? Call a raise from button (assuming SB folds), but muck to a checkraise from SB?

Jeff
Old 10-27-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the turn was something like a Jack? Call a raise from button (assuming SB folds), but muck to a checkraise from SB?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]well... easy fold if the sb CR, tough fold if the button raise.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:59 AM

Default RESULTS

I bet the turn and the button folded. SB called. River is another deuce. SB checks, I bet, he calls. My hand is good. He had 74s.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I understand about keeping pot small, but isn't three betting flop somewhat reasonable here since it's possible I have the best hand (overpair to board though a bigger pair might be out). We're betting any turn card but an ace right (assuming I don't 3-bet flop).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a raise for value, its probably razor thin. The combination that you may be beat already or being outdrawn by the river is so great that I'd only 3 bet if it helped me play the rest of the hand optimally.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
If youre raised on the turn, its hard to say what would be right, if you think your opponent is capable of raising the turn without a pair then you must call down.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the turn was a five instead of a queen (and you had AK)? Wouldn't you be more inclined to raise me if I just called the flop and donked the turn since you want to show it down anyway? And even if you wouldn't others would, right? What about a Jack?

The queen only gets me good fold equity here b/c someone with AK would fear AQ now, correct?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn not becuz the Queen gives me fold equity, I bet becuz I am still likely to have the best hand, and I want to stay in control and protect my vulnerable holding. Yes I would bet any turn card but an ACE, and I think 3 betting the flop has merit if you believe it will keep the villain honest, ie he wont bluff raise you on overs on the turn. About the turn being a 5....I wouldnt bluffraise you becuz of the other guy in the hand, but if others would you simply must keep track of them so you dont fold winners....i know this much, once youre raised on the turn there really is no correct way to deal with this except knowing your opponent.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:10 PM

You still have to bet the turn if an ace comes. This is your chance to get TT to fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still have to bet the turn if an ace comes. This is your chance to get TT to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Jeff 3-bet the flop. What hand could he have that an A would have helped (besides AA)?

Edit: Oops, just realized, this is assuming he didnt' 3-bet the flop. Sorry.