Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: TPBK - How Are My Lines?

Pf raise is good. I like betting the flop, you get to see what other people do and can see when you're behind, which you most likely are on the flop. I'd check/fold the turn because you're getting 10.5:1 and I think you have about 3 outs. (80% drawing dead * 0 outs) + (15% * 5 outs) + (5% * 46 outs) = 3.05 outs
Old 10-26-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The PF 3-bettor folded...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. So we most likely put villain on 55 or 22 given that it was 2 back to him when he called PF?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, we don't know anything about him. He's already posted and hence is "invested" in the pot. (A common thought.) Don't put your own thoughts into villain's head - 55 or 22 are definite possibilities here.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 PM

PreFlop: I think I'm calling offsuited AJ instead of raising. I'm not a big fan of the raise this far out of position. Though the tight table may mean you will force a lot of others out of the hand. I Call

Flop: I like the lead out bet to allow the Preflop raiser to raise. However, I don't like the 3bet at all.
If the pot was smaller I would be willing to fold here due to position against the aggressiveness. I peel one more just to see

Turn: I'm gone....

River: I think someones got the full house 55pockets the other person has KK/AA
I would be willing to Check river and most definitely not three bet it.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:42 PM

I would normally like the Check/Raise approach on the flop to trap the ones who call after the Preflop raiser. But in this case I think my hand is vunerable and I'm hoping for the aggressive person to help me out early by raising the field.

I think the Check only means I get to bet last after all the callers. At this point I can't raise for value. I feel my hand is only decent so I would have to call and gain no protection
Old 10-26-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch,

I think you misread the hand. I had to read it a couple of times before I think I figured it out. Pre-flop, you thought you were in MP, so I won't comment.

Flop, you bet with TP and a good kicker, UTG+1 raises telling me he's got AA-QQ, flush draw or a set, when MP3 3-bets, I pretty certain he has a set outside chance of a flush draw, but my guess would be 5's. Hard to put the SB on a hand since he's so passive. At this point I drop this thing.

River: yeah it adds a spade flush draw, but mostly I'd figure it's a blank for UTG+1 and MP3, The strong action now REALLY makes me think that at least one set is out there.

Ugly, but I can't say I haven't made the same mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the flop I don't think the raise automatically puts the PFRaiser with AA-QQ. I think you are jumping the gun on this conclusion. I'm not willing at this point to just accept the fact I'm behind.
However, I agree with 3bet conclusion - I think this is bad for us. I think the pot size is creating the most challenge in my eyes.

If I was in a little better position and someone raised to me I would 3bet it with my AJ to protect the pot but would slow down from there.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:44 PM

*grunch*
I would fold when it's two back to me on the turn.

Everything leading up to that is fine.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: RESULTS - PBK - How Are My Lines?

Yes, I know I made many, mnay mistakes with this one. MP3 had J5c and woke up when he hit two-pair on the flop, made his boat on the river (J's full of 5's), and I sank 9BB on this hand. Thanks for all your feedback!

LG
Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 AM

Pf is fine. I don't mind the flop bet. I don't love the position we're in when it's 2 back to us with the pf aggressor still to act, but the pot is very large and there's stil a chance we're ahead or drawing live so I call.

It's an easy fold on the turn with both aggressors still firing away. UTG+1 either wants to prevent giving a free card or is hoping to be rasied so he can 3-bet. MP3 still likes his hand a lot despite UTG+1 showing further aggression. SB has patiently called at every opportunity. We're usually drawing slim to dead. Time to eject.