Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

I would not have laid that hand down either. But anyone who plays poker especially no limit has suuffered devastating beats. It is part of the game. This kid crying like he did was just about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I have been in games where guys have lost thousands of dollars on a hand, money these guys needed for food and bills, I have seen them walk out of the room and proceed to throw up. but you always keep you're cool at the table.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:16 PM

I laughed so hard when he started crying. But I listen to a lot of Opie and Anthony, so I'm used to laughing during uncomfortable moments.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM

I had a completely different take on this guy. I thought that it was an act and he was playing for the cameras.

And if I'm correct, it worked as he got the face time he craved on espn.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Can we clarify something please?

This was not a "devastating beat" or even a "bad beat." It was, at most, a cold deck.

Looking at the board, Bartholemew had a pair of aces and the nut flush draw, and somehow they both saw the river with Friedman having the second nut flush. I don't know how the action went, or what Friedman considers his Big Mistake in the hand. It's possible it was preflop, on the flop, or maybe Friedman had a freaky-good read that the guy had to have the nuts but didn't go with his instinct and THAT was the mistake. Doesn't matter; at the end of the day, it's nothing to cry about.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 PM

I laughed out loud for about a minute when that happened. I can't believe he started crying... Priceless.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 PM

Toro,

If that was an act, it was an amazing job. I really think your read is off here, though. That kid was shook.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:26 PM

I guess I prefer to have someone crying and blaming themselves then screaming and blaming something else. I definitely laughed though, crying at the poker table is pitiful. I can always keep my cool better if I'm at a poker table because I don't want to embarrass myself in front of other people. At home by myself on-line I flip out like a sick maniac.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:29 PM

Didn't Matasow cry on a televised event?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:30 PM

I went to high school with Adam. He's not a bad guy, but definitely the type of guy that rubbed some people the wrong way. The crying was definitely not an act though. I have never been in that situation like that, but I think people are being a little hard on him. If I made what I thought was a bad play, I usually get upset with myself not sad, but different people react in different ways. He really should have walked away if he knew he was about to cry, but the ESPN cameras probably would have followed him anyways (i.e. Matusow last year).
Old 10-26-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Matasow cry on a televised event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was likewise hillarious.