Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: ... No Ace No Ace... Hmmm, an Ace

Just out of interest what's everyone's line after Hero raises the flop, villain calls and then checks the turn? What kind of sized bet are you making?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of interest what's everyone's line after Hero raises the flop, villain calls and then checks the turn? What kind of sized bet are you making?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the pot size and hero's stack size. Any flop raise really must be allin.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:43 AM

my bad, not paying attention.

In that case, I'm pushing this preflop as well. with any decent sized preflop raise you're committing about 40% of your stack so it's all going in anyway.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:45 AM

Damn....it seems like I've been wrong about 80% of the posts I've made recently. I guess it's part of the learning process.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 PM

preflop: poooosh...once he raised 100, u had to make a reraise that was too high a % of your stack (read: >30%), so just push

flop: reraise his ass...he made a weak 50 into 625? he's got 2 clubs and wants to draw to it cheaply..or he's got an ace with a weakish kicker that he'll fold if u reraise him...or he hit 2nd or bottom pair...either way u have to push on the flop after not pushing pre-flop...the pot is bigger than ur remaining stack...any raise is too much of ur stack, just like the pf raise was too much of ur stack

putting 30+% of ur stack in without pushing gets u into these kinda sticky situations and lets them have more of a chance of beating u
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM

reads?
With none I fold.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies so far.

The reason I posted this hand is because I really think I played this hand correctly, but something didn't feel right.

Preflop I really don't like pushing. I can appreciate the point that I'll get called sometimes and its much harder to play if I don't, but I think I'm leaving a bunch of value on the table. I consider myself to be a very good postflop player, but I don't know how much room I've really left myself to get away when I'm beat, so granted I usually get stacked when I'm outflopped, although sometimes I may lose less. I just feel like with such short stacks I can get this guy to put it in with almost anything postflop that it's worth the risk of not pushing preflop.

Also, on the flop, is no one else really happy he min bet? I think I'm ahead now a good portion of the time. This screams mid pair, and it also screams that there will be a turn follow up bet that is much bigger. I'm likely way behind an ace, or way ahead of a pocket pair, although the point about clubs is a good one (there just aren't that many club hands since the A is out).

My plan was to push over almost any turn bet unless something about the size or speed was telling. I pushed over the turn. Thoughts?

All of the above are just my opinions and I'm not completely sure of any of them, that's why I posted this, but I haven't been convinced my line isn't best yet.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reads?
With none I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crossed my mind, but only briefly. You know I'm too wreckless for that. I don't think I can after what I read into the min bet (see my other reply), but that doesn't mean my read of the min bet was right.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 PM

your line isnt best.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, on the flop, is no one else really happy he min bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

His weak bet was the first thing that jumped out at me and thus the raise suggestion although you have a shallow stack at this point so you mine as well shove here.