Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 77 in the CO

If BB is really a maniac I am raising the turn. There is a lot of value there as you are very likely to be ahead here
Old 10-25-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that either three-betting the flop or raising the turn would encourage SB to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I think it's possible... Well, not so much on the flop, but he agonized for a good ten seconds before calling on the river. I thought he was going to time out before he finally found the call button. It seemed like a crying call for sure, and if that's the case, a raise would have knocked him out. But who knows, it doesn't have to be a tell, maybe his internet connection was acting up or something...

There's a section in SSHE called "When You Do Not Want Overcalls" that I think applies here... But I just hate raising a marginal hand when there's like a fifty-fifty chance I'm being called. And since I have a long history against this particular player, I know that he's not likely to fold... Well, obviously I'm clueless in this hand.

As you pointed out, raising either the turn or the river is bad for variance, and I hate variance with a passion, so maybe I should be happy with calling here...

SB: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Change seats. Being stuck between a maniac and a station can be tough.

Calling stations call. Maniacs raise. You have the best hand often enough here to see a showdown but not often enough to push it. You cannot protect your hand but want to get to a cheap showdown. I like calling down because when you call the river you have no way of knowing whether the station has been calling with nothing or something and because he's a station you have little fear of being raised by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true indeed. But how do I go about changing seats at Party? Do I simply leave the table and join the wait list and hope for a good spot? Or is there a better way?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 PM

That's what I do. I often sit down at a table and find I'm to the right of the player (or players) I want on my left. I leave, join the wait list and if when I'm called the seat isn't where I want it I click "take me off the list" and then rejoin the list again and wait until a favorable seat opens up. Rinse, rinse, lather repeat until I have four good seats at to the left of my favorite donators.