Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: pokerstars turbo\'s

this is the first time i think ive said this but the time of day really does matter on stars. i never really gave a rats ass when i played on party as i could fire up tables whenever i wanted and find a bunch of retards.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm not the only one I know who thinks the $16s are unusually hard.

The $6.50s are a complete joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a $6.50 the other night where I was heads up while the blinds were still 15/30. Talk about being disoriented. There was nothing there to steal. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I just moved over to Stars from Party/skins after the split, and have been playing at a number of different levels. Based on a very small sample, the jump from $6.50 to $16 seems to be one of the biggest in lower level SnGs. The $6.50 at Stars is easier than the $11 at Party. The $16 is probably more like the $33.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $16 is probably more like the $33.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close
Old 10-25-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as comparing the 16's to 27's, the 27's are obvously harder. Expect the blinds to get higher with more people still in more often than a 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means they're tighter on the bubble which increases your edge.

I think the problem with the 16s is that they typically don't push enough and call too much meaning you have to find a hand, which makes the turbo structure hurt a lot. $27s its easier to get folds and generally outplay people.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as comparing the 16's to 27's, the 27's are obvously harder. Expect the blinds to get higher with more people still in more often than a 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means they're tighter on the bubble which increases your edge.

I think the problem with the 16s is that they typically don't push enough and call too much meaning you have to find a hand, which makes the turbo structure hurt a lot. $27s its easier to get folds and generally outplay people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this...

Lets not get into the debate about whether lower BIs are harder etc...I think a "market", even this small, is pretty efficient. (there are no anomolies).

Secondly, more people around at the bubble does not, or I should say, "should not" increase your edge. The more people left when the blinds are high, the MORE they will be calling your pushes with less because the further away they technically are from being ITM.

If your personal experience has been otherwise, I believe you, but I don't think what you said is generally true.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If your personal experience has been otherwise, I believe you, but I don't think what you said is generally true.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was, it's easier to play against tighter opponents at 300/600 than it is to play against looser opponents at 100/200.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was, it's easier to play against tighter opponents at 300/600 than it is to play against looser opponents at 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, yes, all thing being equal...but all things are not equal because 300-600 will be HU at 16s much more than at 27s where 3-6 will often still be 4 handed.

IOW, I'd rather be playing loose opponents at 100-200 with 4 left, then tight opponents at 300-600 with 4 left. So should you.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry just wondering what the standard of the 15 plus 1 turbo's are like on pokerstars in comparison to the 11s on party. How many tables can u play in one go as wel? cheers. Is UB the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 27s and I find that they are beatable. I played a lot of 6.50s and they are very, very easy. I played few of the 16s, but the few I did play seemed like they fit in between the 27s and 6.50s.

The Stars games are not like Party because of the starting stacks. I dont think they are harder, just different.

As far the the number of donks per table, you'll probably see fewer at a typical Stars game than at a similar buyin at Party - but it isnt a huge difference.

UB - you can only play 3 tables at once and the players are about the same as at Stars in ability. There are way more people playing at Stars than UB. The games at UB move faster than anywhere else I've played because they have good software.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:18 PM

I dont really care because I can 8table on PS while I can only 3table on PS( crappy PC).
My opinion is that I can beat the 16s 8tabling , Im playing MTTs nowadays, I just play SNGs to finance my tourney play.( Im +EV on all those things of course but MTT variance is a bithc, Ive only won more than 5x my buy-in three times...those three times came in 5 tourneys.)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:31 PM

Small sample size.. but I'm stomping the 16s. Not finding them noticeably tougher than $6.50s.

Maybe i'm just running good.