Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: To those of you getting rakeback at Absolute..

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to comment on the game quality compared to Party? AP seems, and I quote, "cuddle bear soft". But I haven't played at the New Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party seems softer than it's been in a while - they've clamped down on affiliates offering rizzlebizzle, offered juicy reloads to casual players and borderline-offensive points-based bonuses to the pseudo-pros, so it makes sense that the fish are swimming back in. I'll be back for their November bonus.

AP 1/2 full-ring can get extremely weak-tight - again, to be expected as this is probably the lowest effective limit for bonus-chasing. Add in slow software and slow players, and it's quite excruciating. I love 6-max there (so far) though - with 10 chairs at a 6-max table, you can get position effortlessly.

The other talk in the Zoo is about Stars pulling up virtually dead-even with Party in number of players. Just goes to show that big bonuses and rakeback aren't necessarily the huge drawing cards some of us would think.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:59 PM

Might be less enticing now if they've changed their MGR policies, but anyone know how easy it is to close a current account + open a new one under an affiliate? It would likely bring my play up from 0 in the last 10 months to > 0, so it's not like they would be losing money on the deal. I also think I remember a thread about someone just telling them flat out and being accommodated, but don't feel like wading through old zoo posts unless absolutely necessary (zing!).

PM me if you don't want to comment publicly. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might be less enticing now if they've changed their MGR policies, but anyone know how easy it is to close a current account + open a new one under an affiliate? It would likely bring my play up from 0 in the last 10 months to > 0, so it's not like they would be losing money on the deal. I also think I remember a thread about someone just telling them flat out and being accommodated, but don't feel like wading through old zoo posts unless absolutely necessary (zing!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing actually.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you absolutely positive you have patched PT to 2.08.03D? If not you need to go to the PT forum and read the exact directions on how to properly patch PT to accurately record your rake. There was a bug that was reporting inaccurate rake to PT in the hand histories.

Properly patching requires you purge your database and re-import hand histories from Oct. 18th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use that link. PT just released the 2.09 patch today. No longer a beta.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think MicroBob had some excellent success stories with Absolute. Something about them buying him a computer. You might try and PM him.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 PM

Bump.

It looks like things may now be back to normal.