Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: 6max - Dealing with the pre-flop min-raise

I used to do that. Then a couple of weeks ago someone suggested that I go through the hand histories I have in PT and look for patterns and trends in the way my opponents play.

I learned a few things that made me question a number of assumptions, and this is one of them: There is a HUGE range of hands that get min-raised and a large number of them fall within the parameters of a normal raising hand (normal as defined by the fish, NOT necessarily what I would choose to raise with). I suspect that the reason for the min-raise has less to do with the strength (or lack thereof) of villain's hand than it does to do with the fact that villain is lazy. It's much easier to just click the Raise button than it is to try to put in a real number.

(For what it's worth, there was a post a few days back where one of US made a 3BB raise PF because he'd "be damned if I'm not going to use the convienient bet-the-pot button" lol)