Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 12:21 PM

Default I bet she has forgotten you, moron *NM*

Old 03-08-2002, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Abstaining

kinda hard to have a human being in office without his/her morals coming into play. that's how we work, and why we vote. We could do much worse than an abstinence campaign. I mean, come on, do you really want all the stupid kids out there having kids of their own? abstinence IS the safest method, albeit the most frustrating, lonely method. sexually active people know about condoms, they know about the major birth control tools. the choice is already made in their minds. abstinence, a slightly less popular choice, is a much better choice in many instances. not only biological, but emotional and social as well.

like you didn't expect something like this...
Old 03-08-2002, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Wish he\'d abstain from wasting our money

giving money to religious organizations has nothing to with making laws regarding their establishment. besides, who reads the damn constitution anymore? we've amended it and undermined it so many times since it was written that it barely reflects the legal situation in this country anymore.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Wish he\'d abstain from wasting our money

and, a health campaign targeting a widely-spread issue (sex and health) and promoting the most odds-on, money favorite, +EV behavior is hardly something the government can be faulted for.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:50 AM

All the stupid kids are out having kids of their own anyway. I sort of expect stuff like this from Bush, but I still disagree with it even though I voted for, and generally support, Bush. It is a waste of tax money. It is a sleight governmental problem, but wouldn't be if they left the problem where it belongs - in the states. The federal government simply shouldn't be involved in teen pregnancy issues in any way. I also disagree with your posts below on the religion issue and funding social programs through religions. I do think this is unconstitutional and bad policy. I also think churches who entangle themselves with governments are just crazy. They will have the government regulating them to some degree or another if they do this. It's bad for both sides. We shouldn't be wasting our money on stuff like this, although we do waste plenty on worse I must concede.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:48 PM

abstinence is a way to put their head in the sand. and preaching abstinence and ignoring safe play education is irresponsible. i admire colin powell for his thoughts on this. the kids are gonna do it anyway. NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS....so why not give em some education on protection. thats responsible government. not his exact words, but close.

right on

when YOUR kid gets a crippling/fatal STD, are you gonna be the first one to tell em, 'well, if you only abstained..." yeah right.

if the preventative protection is there, show em how to use it, and encourage the use of it.

b
Old 03-16-2002, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Why should I?

i guess there daddy shoulda thought of that before he ran for public office. which automatically puts everyone under the microscope. victims of circumstance. oh well.

no way theyre virgins..haha

probably pullin gang bangs at college frat parties.

cant wait for the videos

b
Old 03-16-2002, 06:56 PM

Default it was appropriate because

what do you think the administrations' take would be if a bush daughter got knocked up? hmmmm

it may be a whole differnet view then.

or what if one of em caught aids?

its a very viable question relating to the topic and how the administration works. id be fun to watch em scramble to put a spin on that one.

b