Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Performify\'s Pigskin Picks - Week Seven

[ QUOTE ]
He coached a terrible game - par for the course - team doesn't win scrap throwing 50+ times a game.

Again, if the Chargers were facing an offense that didn't have its head in its ass, they would have lost by two touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you give the SD defense any credit at all?
Old 10-23-2005, 08:56 PM

Philly defense was suffocating for the first 2 and a half quarters. On the other side of the ball, Philly's O-Line gave McNabb all day almost every time he dropped back. The trouble was, McNabb looked like he was closing his eyes and throwing the ball randomly most of the time.

I agree this game shouldn't have been close. Philly looked to have the advantage everywhere for the majority of the game.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM

I don't know if you were able to watch the game at all, but Philly's D was making plays and SD's was not. McNabb shot them in a foot a few times with poor decisions and accuracy.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He coached a terrible game - par for the course - team doesn't win scrap throwing 50+ times a game.

Again, if the Chargers were facing an offense that didn't have its head in its ass, they would have lost by two touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you give the SD defense any credit at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really - did you watch the game? The Eagles played TERRIBLE, most of McNabb's completions were short for no yardage, he threw to the receivers' feet most of the game like he's been doing for years, they never ran the ball for more than 2 yards at a time, they basically played like a D1-AA college team on offense the whole game... they sucked! And it was still that close?

Shut down LT (meaning COMPLETELY shut down like happened today, not just hold him to 80 yards and a TD), have a competent offense, dont turn the ball over, win the game.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you were able to watch the game at all, but Philly's D was making plays and SD's was not. McNabb shot them in a foot a few times with poor decisions and accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not think it's much, much harder to play D on the road than at home? Philly enjoyed a +1 turnover edge, totally shut down the best RB in the game, picked up a possible 10 point swing on a truly unforeseen and fortunate play in the game, yet still failed to cover. Sorry but it shouldn't have even been as close as 3. Philly failed.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, not really - did you watch the game? The Eagles played TERRIBLE, most of McNabb's completions were short for no yardage, he threw to the receivers' feet most of the game like he's been doing for years, they never ran the ball for more than 2 yards at a time, they basically played like a D1-AA college team on offense the whole game... they sucked! And it was still that close?

[/ QUOTE ]

So my question is does the SD defense deserve some credit for constantly putting the Philly O, in a very difficult road matchup, in a situation where they could only make the passes they did?

The Philly D did a phenomenal job against LT, a weak job against the SD pass offense, and barely covered. I expected a helluva lot more at home from this team, and only a lucky play made it close.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but it shouldn't have even been as close as 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, now you're saying the same thing as everyone else - losing a bet must really get you out of wack...
Old 10-23-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So my question is does the SD offense deserve some credit for constantly putting the Philly O, in a very difficult road matchup, in a situation where they could only make the passes they did?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean defense here, and the answer is no - Philly held the time of possession advantage by 3-1 entering the 4th quarter, SD's defense had nothing to do with the game, really.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but it shouldn't have even been as close as 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, now you're saying the same thing as everyone else - losing a bet must really get you out of wack...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no I'm saying completely opposite...Philly had no right to win by 3. It was a loss ATS no matter what because Philly stunk.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SD's defense had nothing to do with the game, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok