Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: The Martha Steward Precedent (aka Ronnie Earle Part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fear we have another partisan scumbag democrat DA.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by DA you mean Federal Prosecutor, then you are probably refering to Patrick Fitzgerald who is a Republican, was appointed a U.S. Attorney by Bush, and was appointed Special Prosector by Deputy Attorney General Comey, also a Republican (Ashcroft had recused himself).

[/ QUOTE ]

...and has prosecuted more dems than repubs.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Why confuse him with the facts? It won't do any good anyway.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:16 PM

or when they investigated Clinton for Whitewater and came up with a lie about a BJ.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM

then you are probably refering to Patrick Fitzgerald who is a Republican,
Republican??? That is more than I know. Do you have a link which cites his political background? I would love to confirm this...

If I had to guess, I would estimate that 70% of all lawyers are liberals (aka democrats). Every major law organization is liberal, almost every law school has a liberal bias, and law schools applicants are usually from liberal arts backgrounds. The result is lawyers tend to be more liberal than the general population. Also, Bush43 has allowed several democrats from the Clinton administration to stay on their jobs. The reason was his misguided attempts to be bipartisan. In hindsight this was a terribly naive move by Bush43. Trent Lott made the same mistake by sharing the chairman seats in the US Senate. Once Jim Jeffords defected, the Senate Democrats showed no inclination to continue the spirit of bipartisanship. They Dems played to win and the republicans should have done the same. Anyway, regardless of his actual political affiliation, I have a deep suspicion of DAs. The DA office has enormous power and it is it takes an exceptionally principled person to not abuse the power of that office. As the saying goes, 'Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely'.... E.g. I think Rudy Giuliani (Republican) abused his power as a DA when he prosecuted Michael Milliken (aka the Junk Bond King). But that successful prosecution made Rudy a national figure and launched his poliical career.

One thing which makes me question the DAs neutrality is the failure to him to call Joe Wilson or his wife to testify in front of the grand jury. Joe Wilson has already been caught lying. He claimed Dick Cheney selected him for the mission when actually it was his wife that got him the assignment (despite not having the credentials to carry out such a mission). He claimed that Cheney received daily updates on Wilson's 'progress' in Niger which was lie. Joe Wilson had an agenda. Wilson wanted to attack the war his opposed, try to embarrass the Bush43 admin, write a book, and make money on the public speaking circuit talking to doggy-dinner-bowl-eyed democrat anti-war true believers.

I would love the DA to ask Wilson why he cited his wife's CIA background on his website.... Perhaps it is Joe Wilson who should be indicted.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:12 PM

...and has prosecuted more dems than repubs.
-ptmusic
Link?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:02 PM

I just plugged in "Patrick Fitzgerald is a republican" into google (could you not do that?) and came up with a bunch of links, all affirming that he is indeed a Republican. You can now apologize for your statement, rather than blather your way out of why you made the assumption he was a dirty tricks liberal.

[ QUOTE ]
and law schools applicants are usually from liberal arts backgrounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what liberal arts means? Please, baby, tell you me think 'liberal arts' means politically liberal.
Liberal Arts has absolutely nothing to do with the political label 'liberal.' Here, I'll save you the trouble (from dictionary.com):

liberal arts
pl.n.

Academic disciplines, such as languages, literature, history, philosophy, mathematics, and science, that provide information of general cultural concern: “The term ‘liberal arts’ connotes a certain elevation above utilitarian concerns. Yet liberal education is intensely useful” (George F. Will).

The icing on the cake is the quote by George Will. (he's a conservative)

Do you just have a kneejerk reaction to everything that has the word 'liberal' in it?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM

Please do not try to convince felix with facts which contradict his posts. It only tends to confuse his predisposition for his predeterminations.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please do not try to convince felix with facts which contradict his posts. It only tends to confuse his predisposition for his predeterminations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a link to an article about Fitzgerald and his inquiry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102301028.html

Please note that I strongly recommend that everybody BUT Felix read this. Felix, don't read it: it will confuse you. You are far more entertaining when you are proudly ignorant anyway.

Also, I was wrong: Fitzgerald is not a Republican. He's unaffiliated with any political party. However, he was appointed by Bush to be U.S. Attorney, and was selected by the Deputy Attorney General (also a Bush appointee) to be the special prosecutor in this case.

I can't wait to see Felix demonize him if he indicts, or praise him if he doesn't indict! LOL. It's going to be an interesting newsweek!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please note that I strongly recommend that everybody BUT Felix read this. Felix, don't read it: it will confuse you. You are far more entertaining when you are proudly ignorant anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I was wrong: Fitzgerald is not a Republican. He's unaffiliated with any political party. However, he was appointed by Bush to be U.S. Attorney, and was selected by the Deputy Attorney General (also a Bush appointee) to be the special prosecutor in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's refreshing to see someone own up to their poo-poo. nh

2. I'd really, really like to think GWB picked this guy because he wants this whole matter settled in a way neither side can complain about. I think the guy is a neutral attack dog. (please Lord let me be right)
Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 PM

I just plugged in "Patrick Fitzgerald is a republican" into google (could you not do that?) and came up with a bunch of links, all affirming that he is indeed a Republican. You can now apologize for your statement,
All kind of links affirming he is a Republican? Huh-uh..... Like this link?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/j...erald_8-8.html
He was once appointed by republican PETER Fitzgerald to be a special prosecutor but I have NOT seen anything yet that confirms he is a republican. One site I looked at claimed he is not a Republican but an "independent". So since you can *NOT* backup that statement then I see no reason to apologize.... I don't think you read any of this googled sites the confirmed he was a republican....

What I do KNOW is that there have been LOTS-OF-LEAKS to the press in this grand jury case. THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW. These leaks besides being illegal are designed to attack/discredit the Bush43 admin. FIRST....Fitzgerald's office is a primary suspect of these leaks. Therefore republicans are a little leary of his neutrality. SECOND. Neither Joe Wilson nor his wife has been asked to appear in front of the grand jury. Having Joe Wilson, a proven liar, not to testify under oath, benefits the democrats and hurts the republicans. These two reasons make me suspect Patrick Fitz may have an agenda. Either he is hoping to launch a political career (like that scumbag Rudy G.) or he has a beef against the Bush43 admin. Also Patrick Fitz drop wiretapping charges against Tom Harkin's (democrat) campaign. This in itself is not evidence that he may be biased but when you add up all the circumstantial evidence it is enough to raise suspicions.....

Do you know what liberal arts means?
Yes, I have a BS in engineering.
Certain majors seem attract people of certain political persuasions. E.g. The teaching profession is predominantly democrats. The news reporting profession has a MINISCULE amount of conservatives and lots of democrats. IN MY EXPERIENCE, liberal arts majors tend to be mostly democrats. My estimate is 70%. Any liberal arts majors want to weigh in with their estimates? Speaking as an engineer, I would assert MOST engineers tend to be republican.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have a BS in engineering.
Certain majors seem attract people of certain political persuasions. E.g. The teaching profession is predominantly democrats. The news reporting profession has a MINISCULE amount of conservatives and lots of democrats. IN MY EXPERIENCE, liberal arts majors tend to be mostly democrats. My estimate is 70%. Any liberal arts majors want to weigh in with their estimates? Speaking as an engineer, I would assert MOST engineers tend to be republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience with engineers is that they tend to be a teensy-weensy bit tight around the area where their colon ends.