Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Drunken Cab Rides

Just pay the man. His job is to get you from point A to point B, not clean up your buddy's vomit.
The whole point that you are asking this makes you sound like a spoiled brat.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:50 PM

I think that $45 is an extremely reasonably fee for cleaning up puke. I would have a paid the fare, paid the fee, and left a nice tip on top of that (or rather, make the puker cough up most of it). Do you know how hard it is to get the smell of puke out of car? This guys is likely going to lose money on the deal just because of the fares he'll miss.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that $45 is an extremely reasonably fee for cleaning up puke. I would have a paid the fare, paid the fee, and left a nice tip on top of that (or rather, make the puker cough up most of it). Do you know how hard it is to get the smell of puke out of car? This guys is likely going to lose money on the deal just because of the fares he'll miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not unreasonable for a cabby to demand additional fee given you've obligated him to doing additional work.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:08 PM

I'm not sure if you were re-iterating or you misunderstoond me, but we agree on this issue.

In fact, I think everyone does except the OP.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:01 PM

Of course you pay him the $45. Very reasonable request by him.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you pay him the $45. Very reasonable request by him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real David Hume would never even have to think twice about this sort of scenario...wtf?!

Yugoslav
Old 10-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Your buddy shoulda taken care of handing the man some money for cleaning up the puke. Ever cleaned up where someone else puked? Its not fun at all. When he asked for money you should have apologized profusely and then given him at least $60
Old 10-21-2005, 03:04 PM

pay the man retard. why should the cabbie have to pay/lose fares to clean up the puke?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:23 PM

you think sober people are going to want to sit in a cab that has puke/smells like puke. your friend puking definately cost him money. I had an experience with this, one of my friends firs time drinking way to much + hookahing was basically passed out, we tried to lift him in a cab but no cab drivers would take him, so my girlfriend thought of the idea of telling cab drivers that he was diabetic and needed to get home to get his incolen, he still said if he pukes you owe me 50 dollars, luckily he didnt puke.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:23 PM

Some of my buddies had a similar story, but much more interesting. The were in one of those van-size cabs and my two buddies in the back wanted to dip (chewing tobacco for all you europeans) but they didnt have anything to spit into. They looked in teh back and saw some cleaning supply stuff, so they dumped it and proceded to spit in it. Of course right before they get to the house one of the girls they were with pukes in the cab. The cabbie goes to get the cleaning supplies so they can clean it, and gets all annoyed because its not there. My other friend goes and grabs a hose and starts spraying the inside of the car. Needless to say they had to pay the guy for their drunken retardedness