Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: I am worried today

Almost all the players here just have them transfer the funds to their neteller account and from there it is an easy electronic-funds transfer to their bank accounts.

I guess some have their reasons for requesting checks via the mail (not the least of which is dodging the paper-trail so that that the IRS doesn't know how much money you have).

I'm curious if there are many people who actually ask for their checks via regular mail.
Isn't it just easier to use neteller?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:32 PM

MicroBob,

Im just too lazy to sign up for something else like Neteller. Getting a check in the mail and dropping it at the ATM is just easy for me. Neteller can't be doing this service for free either right? How do they make $?

Indy
Old 10-21-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob,

Im just too lazy to sign up for something else like Neteller. Getting a check in the mail and dropping it at the ATM is just easy for me. Neteller can't be doing this service for free either right? How do they make $?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

They make their money off of the sites that pay fees for depositing and cashing out. I am surprised that people actually wait weeks to get money via a check. From a poker site - into Neteller - into my bank account is about 3 days.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

They charge the sites, not you, unless you want to make an instant deposit. This is why my initial response to you in the other thread in STT was "Neteller?" Luckily that thread quickly devolved into political bickering, which I tried to stay out of. Anyway, yeah, sign up for Neteller. It's free, and it's quicker.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:43 PM

It only takes like 5 days via pokerstars if u cash out over a grand. Only like 8 days for under a grand. Let me ask you this, could I transfer money str8 from Neteller to my account at Cayman National in the Cayman Islands? If so, would there be a paper trail coming from the american banks that Pokerstars uses?

Indy
Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Neteller isn't a US Company, so the US shouldn't have any records from Neteller. A Poker Stars withdrawl would likely take about a day to hit Neteller and then 2-3 days from Neteller to whatever bank.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM

If your reasons for doing checks are what I think they are, my advice is to keep doing checks under $1k. You never know what US laws might change in the future.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:59 PM

actually im only doing checks because im too lazy to sign up for neteller. I know that checks must clear from a US bank when I get them through pokerstars so there is definitely a paper trail. I think that the same is true with neteller but perhaps they transfer the $ str8 from the Royal Bank of Scotland to the Neteller account.

Indy
Old 10-21-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It only takes like 5 days via pokerstars if u cash out over a grand. Only like 8 days for under a grand. Let me ask you this, could I transfer money str8 from Neteller to my account at Cayman National in the Cayman Islands? If so, would there be a paper trail coming from the american banks that Pokerstars uses?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I've withdrawn to 2 bank accounts, I don't see why other banks should be any different. If you couldn't do EFTs, I think they do wire transfers (I'm sure there's a fee for this though if they have it). Other than that I would ask them. I play on Party mainly, but I bet it's faster than 5 days withdrawing from Stars, too!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:16 PM

what is a "check" lol. Welcome to the 21st century! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]