Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Eh?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd hate to go check, check and lose here to JT.

[/ QUOTE ] Bet enough so that he won't call with a draw then, although I don't like the idea of overbetting a pot with no legitimate equity... I don't think this is all that great of a spot for a second barrel honestly, I'd like it more if you had a tighter image. I think your hand is an awesome bluff catcher here, there are a ton of second best hands Villain will bet big on the river if you check the turn.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:02 AM

Sure would hate to see A3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:25 PM

On Continuation Bet Theory:

If you don't always make a contiuation bet, I recomend you bet your best hands (all the hands that if you bet, it's considered a value bet), and depending on your opponent, the lowest x% of your hand range along with all your draws, and check the in between hands

So this is why I would check the flop, unless your style is to make a continuation bet on every flop
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Did you put him on a missed flush draw? If he's pretty LAG would he c/c with a draw on both the flop and turn?

So, his value bet on the end is either a pure bluff on a missed draw, K5, K8, 55, 88----since you're playing LAG he'd probably go for the slowplay.

Or, a hand like KQ, KJ, K10 where he decided his hand is good.

I don't like the call on the end unless you have a very good read that he's on a flush draw.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't always make a contiuation bet, I recomend you bet your best hands (all the hands that if you bet, it's considered a value bet), and depending on your opponent, the lowest x% of your hand range along with all your draws, and check the in between hands

So this is why I would check the flop, unless your style is to make a continuation bet on every flop

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this statement. given your image and given the fact u have a hand with some showdown value that doesnt really want to play a bog pot i like check call against a LAG opponent. he likely wont fold any holdings u beat and it you can still take down a decent pot when he is bluffing missed draws.

edit: given your image it is easy to misinterpret villains agression and give some donkeys more credit than they deserve.

edit edit: i am an idiot. i misread his post. although i agree with c-bet i was referring to check calling the turn and betting strong hands/some draws second barrel checking through with medium strength but showable hands against lags. main problem i have with second barrel, particularly against a lag who knows you have been speeding, is a turn bet opens you up to a checkraise. i will often chk raise all in with hearts (preferably combo draw) and i nearly always chk raising all in with sets/two pair.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about checking flop, and if there was no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw I definitely would. Agreed on your c-bet theory, but it really helps to include some board texture as well as opponent type stuff in there. If villain will never checkraise I have no problem betting TT on a J83 flush draw flop.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like so?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($176.55)
Button ($95)
SB ($123.86)
BB ($31.40)
UTG ($91)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4, Button calls $3.

Flop: ($20) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, Button calls $20, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $151.55 (All-In), Button calls $70 (All-In).

River: ($281.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $281.55

This is generally not something I do as PF raiser though. Something I ought to add to the arsenal though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not like this at all, these are two entirely different situations [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This is a case turn semibluff, where it's a math problem based on potential fold equity vs river payoff.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn. Call any non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river given how aggressively you've been playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like this best.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 AM

Results?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:11 PM

He had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Not really sure wtf he was thinking.