Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Joey Harrington

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know wtf happened to Joey.

At Oregon, he was "captain comeback." Always leading a game winning drive in the last moments like a mini Elway.

And he got at least a little better in each year his first couple years... with pretty crappy teams to boot.

Now, apparently, he stinks. Is the defense in the NFL that much better, or does his O-line just suck that much?

I'm sure the answer will be "a little from column A; a little from column B."

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Joey do so well in college is the real question. Now I've supported him through all the losses up till two weeks ago, but he just sucks. He has absolutely no field vision. He really seems lost out there. The second he gets the ball he goes into desperation mode. Maybe he has no confidence that the plays will work right, I dunno.

It sucks because I really like Joey. He seems like a really good guy, he takes all the blame, never gives up, I read he was quoted saying that "They'll have to drag me out of town." Whenever he makes a mistake he always says how it improved him and made him smarter/better. If nothing else he has the right attitudes.

A huge problem is that the players don't like him. Probably for various reasons, but they don't. I'm really excited to see what Garcia can do with this team. Not that I think he's anything special, but a change at QB could really spark the whole team to play harder.

Also, the blame for the lions losing goes:
1. Coaching
2. O-Line
3. Joey
and so on....
Old 10-21-2005, 03:27 AM

He can't play in the NFL and never will be able to. He seems confused and incapable of dealing any pressure. He does not have any special physical tools to allow him to make big plays and does not know the game well enough to beat teams through preparation and game plan. It is time for the Lions to move in a different direction.

Garcia may have enough left to help the Lions win the North. He is at least mobile, competent, and experienced. He will not lose games for the team like Joey does.

The Lions should look for a new QB in the off-season. Maybe draft one and sign another vet after cutting Harrington.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The O-line, Harrington, Garcia, and Orlovsky all suck. Detroit is doomed.

I can only hope Detroit runs really bad for the rest of the year so they can draft Leinart.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't they be better off getting an o-lineman or a defensive stud? or at least someone who isn't a WR?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 AM

What the lions need is to rebuild their o-line.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Repeat after me. "The Lions suck."

[/ QUOTE ]

Have some faith you idiots. Their defense is playing well for the most part. If a few parties can get their act together I think they'll start scoring more.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the Lions can go 9-7 and lose the frist playoff game. Yipee.

I officially divorced from the Lions back when they renewed Wayne Fontes' contract. I was willing to forgive them for hiring that fool for one term, but resigning him!? There is a reason why the Red Wings and Pistons are winning championships while the Lions are the Lions. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Yeah, he seems like a good guy, and I'm bummed his pro career has been so poor.

We went to the same high school and I'm a huge Oregon fan... so you can imagine my disapointment.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. If they win the north they'll be at home in the first round. If you watch them at all you have to admit they are a much, much better team at home.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. If they win the north they'll be at home in the first round. If you watch them at all you have to admit they are a much, much better team at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright yes. They always have been better at home. And they have one of the best field goal kickers in the league. And a promising young running back. And a decent defense.

But I am still not ready to give them the benefit of doubt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know wtf happened to Joey.

At Oregon, he was "captain comeback." Always leading a game winning drive in the last moments like a mini Elway.

And he got at least a little better in each year his first couple years... with pretty crappy teams to boot.

Now, apparently, he stinks. Is the defense in the NFL that much better, or does his O-line just suck that much?

I'm sure the answer will be "a little from column A; a little from column B."

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first half of the Carolina game, he had less than 2 seconds every single play. he'd drop back 1 step, 2 step, and be pressured. He had no time to make a pass. Even when he gets a pass off, who is he passing to? Mike Williams, Kevin Johnson? Please. The defense is the only reason we aren't 0-5
Old 10-21-2005, 02:03 PM

It doesnt matter what happened sunday. He's had his chances. Not every play is he pressured like that. How many times has he had a guy open and he throws it into the ground. He's done. Garcia will start sunday. They just havent said it yet because they dont want garcia to get hurt before the game and have to go back to joey after bitch smacking him like that.