Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Maintaining an image

I wouldn't say you should use a timeframe. Just once you start to notice that players are adjusting to your play calling more cb's etc. Then switch gears a little. Start to CB with less frequency, occasionally check behind the flop with TP or an Overpair against certain opponents, things like that. Once they start seeing winners again after a while and you get more folds then switch it back.

I do agree with you though that even some bad players adjust some in 6 max. It's not hard to notice something about who you play when there are only 5 others at the table. The good thing is that they usually over-adjust and you can take advantage.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Maintaining an image

nah.

I thought you regularly played the party 2+2 nl25 gamesbut I guess not.

anyways the gist of it is covered by Jhall below. part of the advantage of raising trash is that it'll help you get paid off on real hands later assuming you don't continue dropping what you earned from the big hands CBing with trash.

you want to make money off your continuation bets with trash until they catch on. usually you'll see a lot more calls on the flop or even checkraises with underpairs, midpairs, etc....

at this point, you've achieved what you wanted, which is altering their play, and now you switch to compensate.

same thing with the opposite. Say I'm playing ABC and there is a setminer, then I switch to raising more hands preflop as he won't hit the set that often and he has to check fold to my continuation bet. once he realizes I'm not raising just premium hands anymore, he might start loosening up postflop and thats when I switch back to ABC.