Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Hyper-aggressive HU player in 5-10 NL, 5-max

Fair enough.

I personally thought that raising preflop here would let Villain off too easy. These were the factors:

1) He would fold 2/3 of the time and reraise 1/3 of the time in my opinion and I fold to reraise. Obviously this is ideal if I had a big hand.

2) He would raise most of the time it is unraised to him in BB and I would have position and probably be in good shape against his range.

My 'standard' reference was more to do with the flop raise.

Anyways, part 2 to this story is that Villain called my flop bet. I hit my gutshot, Villain checked, I bet $250, Villain called. River was a 2 and Villain pushed for his last $600. Thoughts now?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Nice, you hit your miracle card, bet 1/3rd the pot on the turn, and one of the few scare cards (sorta) which would make you hesitate to call quickly on the riv hit. Bet more on the turn to make this a no brainer call. Given you didnt, I dont see folding, but the thing is, I never do.

He raised pf out of blinds, fair enough, he has a top ~30% hand.

He bet flop (any two he would raise with) but called your substanial raise on a dry board. He could be big hand here (top,bottom,mid set) something as weak as tp he wont let go given HU tendencies/image, or something in the middle, like overpair. A draw doesn't make sense...

So, he then check/called, he got a chance to get it all in then, chose not to, and pushed a board pairing card. Whatever, you still should call here, you're getting a great price and some hands he may do this for value with (like overpair?) could play this way.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He would fold 2/3 of the time and reraise 1/3 of the time in my opinion and I fold to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true then there is no way in hell that I am folding to the reraise. And neither should you. 3-betting is better than folding under these circumstances.
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, part 2 to this story is that Villain called my flop bet. I hit my gutshot, Villain checked, I bet $250, Villain called. River was a 2 and Villain pushed for his last $600. Thoughts now?

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? Call. I quit this thread.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 PM

I think your thinking is a bit off with the wanting to play A5s against a reraise preflop. Ignoring the fold equity preflop, if I know he is going to reraise me with his top 33% of hands, I would want to have at least a top 16% hand to call this raise. Based on the fact that this hand is very easy to play against for Villain when the flop is ace-high in this spot I wouldn't say for sure it is in my top 16%.

Yes, I insta-called the river.