Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Live deep-stack poker

there have been some deep stack tourneys lately on Pokerstars - starting stacts 5000 chips - you might get some good practice there.

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: I\'m in the EPT...now what??

Now is this thread going to the wrong direction... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM

I am not an expert, so probably better advice from others, but I will try to outline some differences with deeper stacks:

-Position is more important. You will have 4 "real" betting rounds (with shallow stacks usually one is comitted or will be comitted on flop/turn). This means that when the stacks are 200BB I like to i.e. coldcall a raise preflop with 78s. Having position on four betting rounds with such a hand can be great.
-Implied odds. With shallow stacks your implied odds on flop/turn often becomes limited due to your opponents lack of extra chips, but with deep stacks the implied odds on turn could even be worth it on hands you would fold with shallow stacks. This point requires serious mathematical consideration and good reads on your opponents.
-Try to make some good laydowns, without being weak-tight (easier said than done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I.e., when average stack is 10BB I would be willing to be all-in preflop with JJ in almost every situation. With 200BB, you should realize sometime before being all-in that your jacks are not good.

If I am way off base, somebody please point out.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Bump. Still trying to get some more comments on people used to deep-stack live-tournament play. Your own experiences/mistakes would be greatly appreciated...=)