Old 10-20-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Health Insurance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also would like to know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise.

I've managed to find health insurance, but not for a reasonable price. This is particularly relevant for me since I think I'm about to get a job offer that I can take either as a consultant (high hourly $) or as a full time employee (lower hourly $, health+dental, 401K etc).

From what I can tell, if I want reasonable coverage for health+dental it's going to cost me $200+/month, despite my being in generally good health. If I'm willing to accept a few grand a year in deductible, that premium goes way down. I think blue cross/blue shield did a good job in figuring out what plan of their would be best for me, it just still wasn't that attractive.

At the moment, I'm spending a week or two hoping no one runs over me because if they do i'm even more [censored] then I would be normally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think you are going to save that much in costs by taking a full time job. Next year I am going to have $110 dollars a month taken out of my paycheck for health insurance, the company pays the rest.

I'd rather get paid more and pay the whole insurance premium myself if it were 200+ per month.

As time goes by, I guarantee the percentage the company pays for is going to decrease even furthur.

[/ QUOTE ]

My entire company is shitting a brick because we just went from nothing taken out to at least 110 per person (as much as 200 for a family)--I think this is per paycheck too.

I am actually working on a post (that I will never finish) for this because this is some major [censored] the youngins can learn from.