Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: 2 hands: AA and AK

I have concluded that you are not having enough fun at these games.

Look at this: Hand 1, and you have AA on the KJ32 flop. You got raised on the flop. So he probably has AJ. He could have had TT and did this, whatever. On the turn, you are still probably ahead. But he has *something*. So check and make him bet it. Then raise. That is more fun.

Hand 2 and you have AK on the K87 flop. I'd be thinking that it would be nice to knock some players out. So check and plan to raise. Also, you raised from the BB in a multiway pot, and now you're checking a K-high flop??? What do the other players think you have now? Look at all the confusion you create this way.

I'm saying that if you think you are ahead, but there is a good chance someone else will bet if you check...be a damned a-hole and check-raise. For fun.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 AM

Hand 1.
Turn: Bet. Even better would be the checkraise if you were pretty sure MP3 would bet, but after that flop, I probably wouldn't have counted on it.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 AM

Hand 1: Bet turn.
Hand 2: Looks fine.
Hand 3: I'd call the flop bet and checkraise the turn.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM

:grunching

Hand1: Why are you checking the turn? MP3 slowed down on the flop to your 3-bet and the king doesn't look very frightening. Flop 3-bet is definitely correct, you are very likely to have the best hand.

Hand2: Flop is good here too. Assuming your plan is to slow down to any aggression on the turn/river betting out is fine. When villain didn't raise the turn the riverbet is good.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Results

Thanks for everybodys posts:

1st hand villain had AJ
2nd hand villain had K7s (good call someone)
3rd hand villain had AJ

I feel like ive been running bad and getting really passive, so I just wanted to make sure I'm pushing all my edges correctly. Felt that this was especially interesting to get 3 big hands at the same table (2-tabling) within about 15-20 hands of each other, and meeting resistance with all 3.

The way I've been running recently I feel like im always WB, hence the passivity on these hands.

Steve