Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Bet or Check?

But they have to have something. I'm having a very hard time figuring out what not one but two people could be calling with here.
Could you help me out? What hand ranges do you put SB and BB on?

BB is insane if he called all the way to here with a Ten.

Why can't the SB play A9 like this?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:29 PM

Calling is a fair line for many aces in this hand, including A9, and especially for SB.

If the tens will play this way and just 'probably' pay off, I want to bet, but I have doubts about a T, or any worse hand, overcalling. It sounds like SB is capable of holding a better hand here much more often than BB, and the worse aces are pretty dried up now, so if you attract overcalls from BB's worse hand you have to beat SB's calling range, excepting times when SB folds a T and BB calls next to act.

If this is true, I'd check, but I'm not sure it is. I would imagine most better aces are 3-betting preflop in a 4-handed game.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think that someone has A9 the way this hand was played? Id be floored if anyone actually had an Ace, much less A9.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do with a weakish Ace in blinds against a CO raise? you'd probably wanna see a showdown when you flop an Ace. No reason to raise because you are way ahead/way behind.

When someone fires the last barrel into 2 people on the river I'm pretty sure they are gonna have an ace or at least JJ QQ KK so I have my doubts about a ten calling.