Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Were there gay native americans?

I hope by the time I have children that there is a vaccination for homosexuality. It would crush me to have to tell my 17 yr old son that he has been disowned and to go live with some distant relative if he turns out to be an ass pirate, but I'd do it without even blinking (not that it would crush me to expel the dirty [censored], but just the knowledge that my seed carried [censored] genes)
Old 10-18-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the Indian in the Village People was gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the cop or the construction worker. They all seemed like they kept looking at each other during the YM part and then when CA came they turned away.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope by the time I have children that there is a vaccination for homosexuality. It would crush me to have to tell my 17 yr old son that he has been disowned and to go live with some distant relative if he turns out to be an ass pirate, but I'd do it without even blinking (not that it would crush me to expel the dirty [censored], but just the knowledge that my seed carried [censored] genes)

[/ QUOTE ] Awwww, it's nice to see that some people still believe in unconditional love. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM

I imagine that there were, although homosexuality was treated differently from the way it is today in nearly every culture. For example, in ancient Greece, homosexual relationships between an older man and a younger boy (like 17-20) were common as a way to introduce the boy to society. In Japan, samurai warriors often had homosexual relationships as a way to further solidify the bond between soldiers. There were, however, many cultures who shunned homosexuality, but it was mainly because they viewed homosexuality as a roadblock to the propogation of their familiy line. That said, I don't know what the native american view towards homosexuality was or if it was acceptable to be openly gay, but I can tell you with nearly 100% certainty that there were gay indians
Old 10-18-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shamans were sometimes gay. Some tribes had recognition of guys that were thought of as both men and women. They were thought to have special insight into the spirit world, I guess like Tiresias in Greek legend.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, is there anything you don't know about? from your posts in OOT i gotta think you'd kick ass at jeopardy...

"does anyone know if plankton prefer doggy style or missionary?"

blarg: "actually plankton prefer the cowboy, ..."
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shamans were sometimes gay. Some tribes had recognition of guys that were thought of as both men and women. They were thought to have special insight into the spirit world, I guess like Tiresias in Greek legend.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, is there anything you don't know about? from your posts in OOT i gotta think you'd kick ass at jeopardy...

"does anyone know if plankton prefer doggy style or missionary?"

blarg: "actually plankton prefer the cowboy, ..."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...and what would follow would be a 3 paragraph dissertation on the mating habits of plankton. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vaccination, no. But I'm sure future prenatal genetic testing will find the related gene, so you can abort your flesh and blood. Happy hoovering!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were there gay indians?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... no way. The Europeans brought that over too. Damn them!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Were there gay indians?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... no way. The Europeans brought that over too. Damn them!

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard they gave the Indians blankets infected with gayness.