Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Raising after a limper

[ QUOTE ]
Very good question. I think I've been screwing this up. I usually dump A8-A2o. But the rest really depends on the table.

Generally, I've been overlimping, like K10o, QJo, J10o, Q9s. And I tend to raise any pair 88 and up (and J10s and up), while limping with all other pairs.

In the past, though, I've been told not to overlimp so much, and raise those hands that I would have open-raised with in the first place.

Here's the particular proposition I'd like debated: when utg or mp limps, and you are in mp or the co, should you raise any hand that you would have open-raised with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be more likely to raise big offsuit cards than limp. And more likely to limp big suited cards than big offsuit cards. I raise both.

If utg limps, I tighten up my mp raising standards slightly, cutting out my weakest offsuit aces and my weakest offsuit high cards. Maybe push my pairs up 1 notch. Dumping the hands I am just hoping to steal the blinds with like suited connectors etc.

-blake
Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 PM

How does everyone play 109s after one limper, without any particular reads on the button and the blinds?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM

Fold